Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FN2R dirty rims

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Red H
    Quote Originally Posted by sitta View Post
    turn off vsa and less brake dust at the back
    Do you drive around with VSA off permanently? What's it like? Any different?

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    well, no difference if you drive carefully, if you start flicking the steering wheel at 50km/hr + than the car is harder to control
    Triangular exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by bryan yuen View Post
    hi,

the reason to why the rear wheel is dirtier then the front one is because the type R is equiped with EBD( electronic brakeforce distribution). it is normal for that to happen. this also happenes to the accord EURO. these cars will tend to wear out the rear brakes quicker then the front. which is designed to do so.
    They are talking about the dirtiness from brake dust not the wear on the brake pad.
    Anyway, I have an Accord Euro and my front rims get dirty faster than my rear rims.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    Quote Originally Posted by akina View Post
    They are talking about the dirtiness from brake dust not the wear on the brake pad.
    Anyway, I have an Accord Euro and my front rims get dirty faster than my rear rims.
    isnt brake dust from the wear of the brake pad?
    Triangular exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by FN2TypeR View Post
    What does EBD do?

Why is it designed to wear the rear brakes quicker than the front? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Thanks.
    well EBD is designed so that when you apply the brakes, the amount of brake force is electronically distributed to each wheels maximising the effctiveness.
    its just due to how the car loads up and unloads underbraking conditions. the advantage is you get more balance out of the car underbraking......i dont see any disadvantage at this stage... maybe just dirtier rear wheels i guess...

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by akina View Post
    well brake dust do come from brake pads when they are used through out it lifetime.
    the more wear on the brake pads leads to more brake dust you get.

although the Euro's front wheel is dirtier then the rear.(opposite to the FN2)
    im pretty sure that the rear pads gets replaced more often then the front ones by experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bryan yuen View Post
    well brake dust do come from brake pads when they are used through out it lifetime.
    the more wear on the brake pads leads to more brake dust you get.

although the Euro's front wheel is dirtier then the rear.(opposite to the FN2)
    im pretty sure that the rear pads gets replaced more often then the front ones by experience.
    55, well i dunno about that, only had it for 6 months.