Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

URGENT HELP NEEDED ! New MTEC Bulbs.

Hi All, I have recently purchased a set of COSMOS BLUE Mtec bulbs to replace my stock Fog light bulbs.

I have just installed (What a job!) & notice that they are 12V/100W when my standard ones are only 12V/55W.

Is this going to effect the car is any way I.E - Wiring, Loom or Fuses ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    i had the 100W bulbs in my euro, they seemed to work fine, but they blew after 2 weeks, then i tried the 55W bulbs n they blew after 2 weeks.

i may have touched the bulbs with my fingers.. so yeah. wouldnt know if its related. to the wattage.

Hrmm Ok, Thanks for the quick responce....More comments please!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro_Luxury View Post
    Hi All, I have recently purchased a set of COSMOS BLUE Mtec bulbs to replace my stock Fog light bulbs.

I have just installed (What a job!) & notice that they are 12V/100W when my standard ones are only 12V/55W.

Is this going to effect the car is any way I.E - Wiring, Loom or Fuses ?
    55W globes draw approx 4.5amps.... 100w globes draw something like 8amps... possible outcomes? fuses blow, or worse, wiring melts!

now considering fuses are generally rated to a value that is safe for the cable/wiring to handle, as long as your not blowing fuses, the wiring should be sweet!

maybe check what the fuse ratings are for the foglights, if theyre say 10amps each or 15amp total, i don't really see a problem...

if its any constilation - i ran 90w/110w H4 globes in my pulsar for like two years... never melted wiring or blew fuses... so hopefully euro will be the same

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    why didn't you run h9 globes - they will be brighter than 100w h11

see:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...fog+conversion
    Last edited by yfin; 03-11-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Im not really fussed with the brightness, Im more concerned about the WATTAGE of these globe. I have a funny feeling that their going to do some damage.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    yeah but what his saying if you ran the h9 ones, you would only up it to 65w, NOT 100w.
    which overall, is safer, and in yfins case, also BRIGHTER.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    i think what Luxury meant was that he wasnt actually after brighter bulbs... he just purchased new ones... and when installing them realised they were 100w.... now he is just trying to find out whether they'll be ok to leave in, or whether he should buy new 55w ones...

correct?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    i got the MTEC 55W one. all good. why u get 100? hahaha
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Im not really fussed with the brightness, Im more concerned about the WATTAGE of these globe. I have a funny feeling that their going to do some damage.
    I dont think you should run them - it is going to run hotter and if you use your fogs for a long time you run the risk of heat damage.

As destrukshn said if you do the h9 conversion it is only 65 watts and it is actually brighter than a 100 watt h11.

When i purchased these globes I asked for the standard Wattages ones, but i was sent these?

Here are a few picture of the packaging;
    (It says 12v/55w then an arrow pointing to 100w, anyone who has these bulbs please confirm.)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    When i purchased these globes I asked for the standard Wattages ones, but i was sent these?

Here are a few picture of the packaging;
    (It says 12v/55w then an arrow pointing to 100w, anyone who has these bulbs please confirm.)

That means that the bulbs are 12v/55W, but are as bright as 100W bulbs. You're safe.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2