Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question opinion's? Apexi Neo or hondata s100?

Hey,
    just wondering what you guys reckon would be the way to go for tuning a b16a2 with just I/H/E bolt ons?
    i know its never gonna be superfast and dont plan on doing any bigger mods down the track, I just want to have it tuned to make the most of my bolt on's.
    I'd like to know what you guys think is the way to go from performance/reliability
    and which one is better value for money ie. buying the unit getting it installed + tuned
    = total cost.

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    i have vafc 2, and i should have waited a little loingert to use a hondfata, especially if your gonna just stop there, even if your gonna go further, a hoindata is heaps better, better tuning points and control......
    thats my opinion............

just wondering does it make a diff whether u have obd1 or obd2 ?

i heard obd2 will relearn the piggy back settings to an extent, there for will not be as effective as stand alone ecu?

can anybody confirm?

i have obd1 bye the way

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    VAFCii = A/F ratio and VTEC point.
    S100 = A/F ratio, ignition timing, RPM limit and VTEC point.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

What about the neo? doest that allow changes to ignition timing? or is it basicly an updated VAFCII with a fancy colour screen?
    at this point i'm starting to think hondata

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by redinteg View Post
    What about the neo? doest that allow changes to ignition timing? or is it basicly an updated VAFCII with a fancy colour screen?
    at this point i'm starting to think hondata
    Neo = VAFCii with graphical interface that shows you a lot of info, but without a crank angle sensor input (so it can't alter the VTEC point in the K and R series). And no, it also doesn't allow you to alter the ignition timing.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20Z2 / EGB18C
    get s100..coz i got NEO and it's kinda pointless...
    that is quite abunai....

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Apexi NEO is heaps cooler, it's got coloured screen and shit. Your passenger will be like wow, that's some cool shit! S100 doesn't have any of that!!!!!
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai View Post
    Apexi NEO is heaps cooler, it's got coloured screen and shit. Your passenger will be like wow, that's some cool shit! S100 doesn't have any of that!!!!!
    LOLOL, it's funny that when you strip off the sarcasm, what you say is still very true.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    ^^ .But if you cant go s100,with the NEO,will you still see benefit tuning with it on the Dyno? If you didn't have it and no s100 etc can it still be tuned on the Dyno?
    Trying to decide if I need this for a Dyno tune...

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    ^^ .But if you cant go s100,with the NEO,will you still see benefit tuning with it on the Dyno? If you didn't have it and no s100 etc can it still be tuned on the Dyno?
    Trying to decide if I need this for a Dyno tune...
    you mean if you dont have either? ie stock ecu from factory.
    the stock ecu on its own has no tunability whatsoever.

i'm actualy starting to think ill have to go s300 from what ive read its hard to find people who have the gear to tune the s100 where as the s300 can be tuned by anyone with a laptop but damn they are getting pricey.