Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic_Nich View Post
    yeh true true well at the moment stock it revs to 7500 :s is rev limiter. i think 7500 at the least maybe a little more. so its could prob go handling 8k easy with forged pistons and rods and new ecu.
    man you reallly need to do some research

lol so your telling us your gonna have a 140wkw 8900 revving d16 built built complete with internals drive out for $3350.00 ?
    Last edited by Sexc86; 07-11-2007 at 06:23 PM.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eh Si D series
    explain???

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    200-300 for labour? is the mechanic asian? lol

installing rods and pistons isnt as easy as you think. Hope the mechanic knows what he is doing.
    Last edited by SLOWEGG; 07-11-2007 at 06:28 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eh Si D series
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWEGG View Post
    200-300 for labour? is the mechanic asian?
    haha 200-300 on top of the 1500 when the do the turbo so around 1800 inc pistons and rods.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eh Si D series
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    man you reallly need to do some research

lol so your telling us your gonna have a 140wkw 8900 revving d16 built built complete with internals drive out for $3350.00 ?
    im allowing about 4.5 - 5k yeah man its def doable you just need to be smart about who you use and were you buy you r parts from , ie pistons and rods, i was quoted at 1500 for the pistons and rods and i found them myself. im not expecting it to be cheap but by sourcing the parts myself its going to make it cheaper.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    as you said on last page?

$1500 + $1200 + $650 = $3350.00

I just dont see how you are gonna get a 9k revving d16 makeing 140wkw with that money mate... i really dont.

maybe it might .... once, and then not see another day

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eh Si D series
    as you said on last page?

$1500 + $1200 + $650 = $3350.00

I just dont see how you are gonna get a 9k revving d16 makeing 140wkw with that money mate... i really dont.

maybe it might .... once, and then not see another day
    i didnt say it will only cost me 3550 and i wont pay another sent, obviosuly there are cost on top. i still have to upgrade cams, injectors and fuel pump and get an ecu.for a good price. I think you will be suprised. once its built will go for a drive
    Last edited by Civic_Nich; 07-11-2007 at 06:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    mate, 4 - 5 grand will get you a bolt on setup with quality parts.... (even sourceing yourself). but by all means proove me wrong, but many people on here have done these projects.
    Your kit didnt include these?
    decent ECU + Dyno tune
    Decent Exhaust + Clutch another + labour
    Injectors / Fuel Pump

makeing a engine (especially a sohc D16) Rev as high as your goal and actually make power that high... you will need camshaft, valve train & retainers.

Dont even consider that junk ebay kit.... save up and piece together something decent. A garrett turbo, standalone management quality fabricated manifold or a simple log design, or even try source a Greddy / AVO turbo kit.
    Last edited by Sexc86; 07-11-2007 at 06:50 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eh Si D series
    makeing a engine (especially a sohc D16) Rev as high as your goal and actually make power that high... you will need camshaft, valve train & retainers.

yeh but my car is a DOHC D16 but know what you mean mate. yeh juust so many options im confused.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    mate, forget about doing internals and trying to make your engine rev high.. just for the novelty of it & blahblahblah

for 4 -5 grand you can do a quality turbo setup.

*** DONT BUY ANYTHING OVER EBAY THAT DOES NOT HAVE A BRAND / MANUFACTUR YOU HAVE NOT HERD OF***

Things like Cooler pipe / FMIC kits are fine but stay the hell away from turbos, manifolds and no name bovs/wastegates.

Go out and buy youself a quality garrett turbo (internal wastegate) or similar (not Garret Style or SSAC or XS power). Then go source yourself a decent engine management system Hondata / microtec / Haltec.

Start Pieceing together the things you will need

Fuel Pump
    Injectors (300cc - 500cc)
    BOV
    Heavy Duty Clutch
    A simple Log manifold if you can find one
    Intercooler

Get all the parts you need then go somewhere and have a new exhaust system fabricate 2.5inch - 3inch, and all your necessary parts installed. Then a dyno tune.

With a quality bolt on setup, and good dyno tune you could see anywhere between 110 - 130 wkw.

Just my 2c, anyone welcome to rebut
    Last edited by Sexc86; 07-11-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eh Si D series
    nah mate i totally agree with you im prob just going to take the route o trying to only by brand name parts of oz honda and ebay,

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Fa Sure.Take ya time and do it right the first time.
    Lots of great info on this site.http://d-series.org/ Ghetto racer on there sells the complete Akmee Valvetrain set-up (Camshaft,camgear,springs and retainers) for the equivlent of $730 AU and they ship Overseas.Akmee have dyno proven this set-up with awesome results.
    Good luck with it man.