Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    I'm sure you and Suntzu will be happy with this kit.i know a few people that have Talon bodykits and they're all happy with the fit and finish.Only thing i've found is that the paint on the fibreglass kits tends to chip easier than the OEM ones.
    I've got the oem kit from carmate and i feel it doesn't handle rock chips too easy.. but then again, you're never gonna stop rock chips from happening..

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Not here yet. Supposed to be today but no show.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD2
    picked up the car this morning, looks great, fits well and paint surprisingly decent, not 100% colour coded but close enough.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    Thats awesome! Ive got the front lip coming from then as per my above post. Im getting the lot as soon as i fit this bar!

Saving $300 fititng it myself but thats not the issue, I dont have time to drive to sydney as ive a new baby coming this month!

Im excited.

We should both post pics when fitted!
    Awesome! I remember coming across this thread in my search, but never had the balls to bump it .

Would love to see pics or hear your thoughts on the kit - need at least a front lip to cover up some battle scars

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Just arrived this morning. Pics and install very soon!

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    They buggered it up. Supposed to be painted, I paid the extra but isnt...grrrrrrr

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Ahh that's terrible! Are you going to order the rest unpainted and just get a body panel shop to paint them? What a stuffup

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    They are fixing it up quick. I didnt want to get it painted here then get the rest of the kit from them as id have potentially 2 different colours. im sending it back for painting..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Ahh that's fair enough. Thanks for the update mate! Hopefully they're prompt and the colour match is good Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    OK, got my front Talon OEM copy spoiler fitted. Quality and fit is excellent and paint is fantastic. Only some minor filing required and super easy to install with 2 screws and Sika Flex 252 adhesive as recommend by them.

Im ordering the rest now, rear and sides. Its great value.

My cars looks so tough at the front now as I put in ebay fogs and also painted them milano red and clear coat. Looks super!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    OK, got my front Talon OEM copy spoiler fitted. Quality and fit is excellent and paint is fantastic. Only some minor filing required and super easy to install with 2 screws and Sika Flex 252 adhesive as recommend by them.

Im ordering the rest now, rear and sides. Its great value.

My cars looks so tough at the front now as I put in ebay fogs and also painted them milano red and clear coat. Looks super!
    Sounds good mate.....although you know your missing something right?.......PICSSSSS.....LOL, post some up if ya can.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    Sounds good mate.....although you know your missing something right?.......PICSSSSS.....LOL, post some up if ya can.
    Ask and you shall recieve...

OK. Front lip fitted.

Talon OEM Style ( Copy) Observations:

Paint Quality and Match.
    9/10 Very good paint and clear coat. Close match to my 3.5 year old R81 milano red. Does seem to chip easy but thats the fibreglass.

Fit and Finish.
    8/10 Very easy to fit, need 2 people. I got the recommened SikaFlex 252 adhesive from Bunnings and used the supplied screws. It very firmly fitted and i think its looks right. I had to lightly file about 4 spots as the paint made it a bit thick on some corners. Too easy but take your time.

Value: Ive been waiting 3 years to get a kit. This is the best bang for buck with quality that I have ever found. This front spoiler painted and delivered was about $380 gst inc. I challenge anyone to find a better kit for the money. Im getting the rest of the kit which will be about another $800 all up.

Issues: Only issues I see is that I have already scrapped it and my cars not that low but thats not the kits fault. Flibreglass doesnt flex so if you hit it it will likely crack badly. And as I said thie paint will chip. This is part of looking after your car anyways.

Conclusion: if you after a factory kit at well under half the price and can fit yourself then this is it. Im getting the sideskirts and rear bar. So for the $1100 all up cost, i reckon it adds abiut $2500 to the value of the car maybe, but more importantly looks nice and tough, with the factory ( non-rice) looks. This will make the car eaiser to sell when I get my 370Z but for now im really happy and will report in when the rest of the kit is fitted.

Now I just need another 25kw to match the looks!
    Exhaust next!