Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hesitation upon acceleration

I am finding that my DC5 hesitates or lags when accelerating. It's not smooth. Is this normal?

accelerator a bit hard to press?

or is it when pressed it hesitates?

driving manual?
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Yes manual. Hesitates when pressed.

by hesitate do you mean that theres a slight delay?? Cause that will be the fly by wire setup that it has.

if you mean hesitate, as in stuttering, you might have other problems on your hands.

Feels as if it holds back then goes, Its not a smooth gradual acceleration.If that makes sense.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    the fly by wire setup isn't noticeable... as in its dosn't take a few seconds for the car to react.

If you mean you are sitting at 1/4 throttle, then you press the pedal to full throttle and there is a pause...... for a few sec's, THEN it starts picking up that would be something with the engine and you should get it checked. Might be a sticky throttle body or something, but either way get it checked by a mechanic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    I know its a different model, in my case an integra da9, but i get the same hesitation at times. In my case when i am sitting at the lights and i drive off, and i plant my foot, it sometimes feels like the car doesnt want to go, ie. it just bogs down, despite the pedal being fully pressed in and then a couple of seconds later it just picks up and drives normally. Same sort of problem and i too am curious what could cause it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    the fly by wire setup isn't noticeable... as in its dosn't take a few seconds for the car to react.

If you mean you are sitting at 1/4 throttle, then you press the pedal to full throttle and there is a pause...... for a few sec's, THEN it starts picking up that would be something with the engine and you should get it checked. Might be a sticky throttle body or something, but either way get it checked by a mechanic.
    i didnt think DC5 was drive by wire?

if it is its same as euro, you put foot down, half a second later the engine revs up... its just the drive by wire programming, and it is noticable if you've driven mechanical throttle all your life...
    Last edited by EUR003act; 08-11-2007 at 09:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by xntrik View Post
    accelerator a bit hard to press?
    or is it when pressed it hesitates?

driving manual?
    what could b the cause of this?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    by hesitate do you mean that theres a slight delay?? Cause that will be the fly by wire setup that it has.

if you mean hesitate, as in stuttering, you might have other problems on your hands.
    I don't think The DC5 was a fly by wire setup

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    This is something I am curious about too
    My automatic civic,from a stopped position if I plant my foot it bogs then takes off.If I gradually depress the accelerator taking 2-3 seconds to fully press the accelerator in it takes off nicely.I figured that by dumping it I was flooding it with fuel and that's what caused the bogging.
    I was hoping that if I do the whole ECU thing,Hondata,dynotune,that it will run perfect then.Because really this is what I want,a perfectly running vehicle that handles AWESOMELY!!!!
    I don't care about going real fast cause I'm just gonna lose my licence real quick.
    Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks mate!