Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Euro Coilovers

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yes coilovers are great. Currently have Tein Super Streets without the uppermounts. Theyre great and are adjustable both height and damping.
    Your better off gettin the coilovers off a trader on Ozhonda, it would be about 1400 without uppermount, or 1700 with uppermounts. (rough figures). I got mine off a trader form here and many other Euro owners have as well.
    If u got it from a shop, id reckon it would be a little more dearer than off a trader from OzHonda.
    Oh dont forget that when u lower ur car, your gonna get neg camber. Depending on how low u go, will depend how much neg camber u get. So u may need a rear camber kit. Recommended one is Ingalls. Yeah i ve got one too, does the job nicely to fix -3.4camber.

As for installation of them, i wouldnt know a good shop as im not from Sydney, but the Sydney Euro owners would know of a few.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    I just got my Tein ss, ingalls rear camber, comptech icebox and whiteline rsb all fitted on Sunday by Benjamin who is a moderator here.
    He did a spectacular job. Very thorough and excellent finish. Highly recommended. PM him.

Yes i also put my tein ss in today

Just a quick on to you snYpz & Tranz do you find the back sits a bit high on the recomended setting ?? and i took it for a spin and the back wanted to come out was kinda eeks

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by euro1986 View Post
    Yes i also put my tein ss in today

Just a quick on to you snYpz & Tranz do you find the back sits a bit high on the recomended setting ?? and i took it for a spin and the back wanted to come out was kinda eeks
    You can soften the rear damper to get the rear a bit more stable.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Yep the stock setting has the rear about 5-7 mm too high. Took me a few goes to get the correct heights all round. I actually waited a few weeks for it to settle as i drove and re-adjusted again and got it re-aligned. Mine was arse happy too until i fixed this.

The Tein SS is an unbeliveable product for the little money it costs.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    yeh my rear is set to about 8 in terms of dampening, which is approximately close to stock. My front are set at 10.
    Ben did the rear for me, i cant seem to be able to get to the rear dampening knob lol.
    Car looks very nice now.
    euro1986, remember to do wheel alignment and adjust the camber etc =)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah the back of my car looks a little high, jsut a little. coz like my rear is on its lowest setting and the front its about halfway. Looks nice still.
    May have to try that softenin the rear damper then.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Ive not noticed any correlation between dampner setting and ride height. Its the ride height you change for effect using the tools supplied.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    With softer dampener settings, the faster the new springs will settle and thus will appear slightly lower than how it first appeared after installation.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Nah, the damper setting won't have an effect on how quickly your springs settle.

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    sorry to drag up an old thread, i didnt feel like there was a need to create a new thread for this. ive found a set of buddyclub racing spec coilovers for the euro and im just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with buddyclub racing spec coilovers? more specifically hows the ride compared to stock etc or is it too stiff for nsw roads etc.
    Last edited by lilwilliam; 24-03-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Racing spec is much stiffer than stock. Just a tad stiffer than Tein Flex. But damn it is great for track! Very nice handling.