Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Black DC2R

South Aust: Regency Advice (Defected)

My mate who has a DC2R got defected today

He has maximworks Mbit headers, JDM Cat, fujitsubo powergetter exhaust and zeal coilovers.

The reason for the defect was the exhaust.

So he pretty much has to change the exhaust for the regency inspection right? can a non standard exhaust pass inspection? what happens if he tries and its too loud and it fails?

apparently though he cant drive around with the car as is between then and now so he has to change the exhaust.

But the real question is does he have to change his headers back to stock for the inspection? (will they notice/care about them?)

And will he have to change his suspension back to stock too? (will they notice/care about the coilovers?)

Any advice and info would be appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    anything that is not oem stock equipment he could be a possibility that he can be defected on those items
    so put everything stock back on!

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Black DC2R
    he also has slotted rotors.. its going to cost the earth to get all this stuff taken off.. he doesnt have stock rotors to put back on there...

what happens if they say "those are not standard rotors".. what will they do?

Member Array
    Car:
    02 DC5R
    The rotors should be alright. He'll have to change the suspension though, regency don't usually like coilovers, even if their set above the legal ride height. Not sure about the headers however....probably depends on the inspector

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    yep he's gotta take off everything but the brake rotors.(even then I'm not sure about them)

if it fails you are out the regency inspection fee plus you have to come back again and pay the fee again PLUS the car is re-defected and you will have to apply for permits to drive it.
    Those permits only apply for one day and you are only allowed to drive to the workshop you have specified on the permit. So basically you can't drive it until your next regency inspection.

you can sometimes get the police to inspect the car again after you have corrected everything on the regency list but it depends on what the items are.

Your friend = Humped

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Headers should be fine, so long as the exhaust isnt too loud and still has a catalytic converter. He may not need to remove the entire exhuast, a friend of mine passed by simply placing metal plates with small holes between the header and exhaust flange to quiet it down.

On the initial inspection they will check the entire vehicle and they will basically write a list of all the non-satisfactory items, then you just have to fix those issues and book another inspection where they will only check that you have fixed the items on the list.

B20VTEC Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR Coupe View Post
    yep he's gotta take off everything but the brake rotors.(even then I'm not sure about them)

if it fails you are out the regency inspection fee plus you have to come back again and pay the fee again PLUS the car is re-defected and you will have to apply for permits to drive it.
    Those permits only apply for one day and you are only allowed to drive to the workshop you have specified on the permit. So basically you can't drive it until your next regency inspection.

you can sometimes get the police to inspect the car again after you have corrected everything on the regency list but it depends on what the items are.

Your friend = Humped
    Thats not entirely true, you can drive a defected vehicle to and from regency/mechanics/workshop/etc without permits as long as your car is registrated, however you will not be able to renew your registration if it expires and your vehicle is defected.

B20VTEC Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce View Post
    Thats not entirely true, you can drive a defected vehicle to and from regency/mechanics/workshop/etc without permits as long as your car is registrated, however you will not be able to renew your registration if it expires and your vehicle is defected.
    i was under the impression that you had 24/48 hours to get the car off the road. then after that time you had to have an inspection at a police station after you had made a booking with regency and removed items listed on the defect form?

This is how it happened for me when i was defected.

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    moved to technical forum since this isn't Integra specific.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ B20vtecTurbo
    Zeforce and CTRCoupe are both correct. you can drive your car to and from regency/mechanics/workshop/etc without permits if you car has rego but if your rectify the defected item and have it inspection at a police station after you had made a booking with regency you can drive it until the booking date or until you rego runs out. aftermarket exhausts are fine as long as they past noise and emissions tests. Also if he has tint on his front windows make sure he takes a razor blade with him so he can rip it off if he has too
    Last edited by Edgeauto; 08-11-2007 at 07:02 PM.
    EDGE AUTOMOTIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Black DC2R
    hold on.. so a non oem exhaust can pass inspection as long as its not too loud? He has a JDM cat and headers.. so as long as he passes emissions and noise then its ok.. wow.. if he fails its sh!ty! not really worth risking is it...

coilovers are a DEFINATE no no?

sounds like my mate is humped!

this really puts me off my plans of modifying my car!

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Its really not that bad

B20VTEC Build Thread