Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    09 Mini Cooper, 07 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I doubt the screw is able to get the H1 HID bulb to the right location. If you compare a halogen H1 and an HID H1, the halogen is much shorter.
    but the lighting spot is same! the hid bulb's lighting spot is somewhere near the middle, and if you put the halogen and HID together, you can see there lighting spot is the same

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Ok instead of trying to settle this subjectively...

Has anyone in a standard euro fitted a decent quality HID kit? And if so do you have comments or Pics or add?
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    Ok instead of trying to settle this subjectively...

Has anyone in a standard euro fitted a decent quality HID kit? And if so do you have comments or Pics or add?
    Try ask Akina,

He's got a HID Kit from what I remember at the last meet and greet. They looked very OEM as the colour was around 4300K .. thought it was a lux!

I got mine from Mu Secret, they have their own brand.

Their actually 6000K ill try and get sum pic up when i get home tonite. I dont have any pics of it shinning at sumthing tho :s

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Mini Cooper, 07 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    i have never seen an aftermarket HID kit with a focusing screw! every single (ive seen alot!) replacement HID ive ever seen (ie: H4, H1, H3, etc..) has always had the "arc" in a different place the the stock filament... always... doesnt matter whether its a reflector or projector style globe, with the focus point is in a different place to what the housing was designed for you'll get alot of spill and so called "hot spots"

as you can see in the pic below (from my old car) the HID doesnt have the same definition in its pattern, its alot rounder, and theres alot more "glare"
    that what it look like on my 323 with projector headlight

and thats what it looks on a reflector headlight on a camry!

they should have a clear cut off line in projector headlight, so if on the accord shouldnt be any problem

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Even with a set of "quality" HID kit installed in a standard Euro's projector lens, there will be a black trapezium in front of the car and two black lines cutting the light off... Me think it's ooogly... Has nothing to do with the HID, it's the lens...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I think corn_flakes also had the long black lines coming out from under the headlights.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by applio View Post
    but the lighting spot is same! the hid bulb's lighting spot is somewhere near the middle, and if you put the halogen and HID together, you can see there lighting spot is the same
    Halogen is a point source at the filament, HIDs are a diffuse source from the entire bulb. It's like comparing a lightbulb to a short fluorescent tube. Both give out different light characteristics too.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro MY06 Std Auto
    I also have HID kit and there's 2 long black lines coming out from under the light. Can't see thm from the driver's seat so functionally not a problem but looks bad.

I have a hid kit...had it for about 3 weeks now...my opinions...

good points - hid kits are really good at lighting up the road, excellent for night time driving in country side. if you live in outer burbs / country

+++

average points - A black line which is fairly visible outside the car, but not really visibile inside the car or while driviing (very faint line)
    The shadow at the front of the car from the hids (easily fixed by foggies)

Meh !

bad points -
    how to replace the hid globes? easy to procure? might have to wait a week from ebay etc. cant just buy from the servo if you are in a pinch.
    Lets face it, it is Illegal
    cut holes in the cover of the headlights for cables to pass through to the ballasts. seal? dust ? crap in the housing now..
    Longevity vs proper hids.? or even standard globes?

- - - -

overall :thumbsdown:

The bad points are fairly important to me as i dont have the skills to effectively fix or return my car to stock with this conversion. in the event of an issue arrising with them
    hence i will be returning mine to stock soon

My suggestion is that with stuff like this, its probably better to get the car with all the bits you want, rather than mod it...because unless you are good with cars its probably more expensive to do stuff like this this way..

just my opinion

cheers
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth
    so damn coooool, lol, u mite just 5h1t urself

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Mini Cooper, 07 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by adammet04 View Post

bad points -
    how to replace the hid globes? easy to procure? might have to wait a week from ebay etc. cant just buy from the servo if you are in a pinch.
    Lets face it, it is Illegal
    cut holes in the cover of the headlights for cables to pass through to the ballasts. seal? dust ? crap in the housing now..
    Longevity vs proper hids.? or even standard globes?

i rather worries about the ballast rather than the bulb itself, coz the bulb is hard to blown, but the ballast isn't..... depends where you get it, and what warranty it comes with, so don't buy with oversea seller, you wait for ages for warranty.....

its illegal - ture!! no quesiton about it!

use a propper 22mm hole cutter to drew the hole better and nicer, they should comes with a 22mm plastic hole cover with every hid kit, so it can protect water dust etc to get in the headlight!