Member Array
    Car:
    07 Civic

D.I.Y. Shift Boot on AUTO CIVIC FD

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: Shift boot on AUTO CIVIC FD

Required:

As you see in the picture above.

Steps:
    1:
    Remove the shift knob (check my previous post)

2:
    “carefully” Pry 4 clips to remove the sq trim cover. (recommend use finger nails, screw will damage the plastic, but its hard, and itz hurts ~,~)

3:
    “carefully” Pry 3 clips to remove the trim ring.
    (recommend use flat screw driver)
    I did not take photo when removing it, the pic below give you an idea where is the clips is and also location of the led.

4:
    Flod the shift boot inside out, and then secuire the boot and the knob together. I used a zip.

5:
    secure the shift boot with the plastic trim shown in the pic below. I add a little glue, that way the boot will not come off when I shift to P or S, also provide a significant MT look when on gear D and N.

6:
    You are nearly finished. Now you get all 3 pieces together, put the knob on the gear rod and secure it with the screws that provided. Then you put back the silver trim on and you have a MT civic . (When you putting the knob on the rod, DONOT pust the button down, otherwise you will not able to remove your key)

Here is some pic of the finish product:

Pic from US user

Hope this help, welcome any question. I have received few question on how to DIY the interior lighting, I will post that later.

thanks for watching

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    the pictures are not there anymore....

pls search. D:
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1 & Trueno Gt Apex
    good work, but if you wanted the manual look so bad why dont you just buy manual lol

Quote Originally Posted by mrs2k View Post
    good work, but if you wanted the manual look so bad why dont you just buy manual lol
    who cares.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1 & Trueno Gt Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by xntrik View Post
    who cares.
    not that i have anything against it just a thought but top stuff dude!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs2k View Post

yeah, thats what i was thinking too but i do like the interior lighting though. My FD came with Honda own set but they are next to useless, just not bright enough.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    –noun
    1. the starchy seeds or grain of an annual marsh grass, Oryza sativa, cultivated in warm climates and used for food.

one question, for auto gear boxes, you need the button to move it from park to drive and so on. does this rule still apply with that shift nob ?