Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Euro make a loude "horn" like noise?

Hi all, especially to those that owns a Euro.

I have a 2004 model and I am getting a loud almost "HORN" like noise. I don't know where it is coming from or how it came to be, but it is so annoying. It isn't anything that happens when something happens, it is so random that I can't pinpoint the cause.

At first it happened when the car was stationed, but we've also noticed it happening while the car is in motion but mostly at low speed. Someone told me that it could be the Compressor for the Air Condition, but I find that hard to believe.

Any suggestions or experience with this? Its a 2004, Tip-tronic.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    moved

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    moved
    What do you mean "moved"........

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    I get that too whenever i have airconditioning on.. whenever i take it to warranty they cant seem to find the problem..
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

If it a belt whining type of noise, then fan or aircond belt problem...

Brake squealing type of noise, brake problem.

If its horn activiting by itself, probably eletrical or the horn switch faulty.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    If it a belt whining type of noise, then fan or aircond belt problem...

Brake squealing type of noise, brake problem.

If its horn activiting by itself, probably eletrical or the horn switch faulty.
    Sounds like option 1, but I'm surprised that HONDA themselves can't understand where or why its hapenning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi09 View Post
    Sounds like option 1, but I'm surprised that HONDA themselves can't understand where or why its hapenning.
    Does it only happen in the morning (cold engine) or when the car is hot?? could be belt is loose or tight, and when you reach the dealer, it doesnt happen anymore cause the belt expended due to the heat?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    Does it only happen in the morning (cold engine) or when the car is hot?? could be belt is loose or tight, and when you reach the dealer, it doesnt happen anymore cause the belt expended due to the heat?
    Now that you mentioned it, I might try taking notes when it happens. I'm sure it happens from a cold engine.

Its gotta be, yesterday I started the car, reversed out the drive way (~15m) and waited there about 7 min and it made one "cry". I drive for about another 2 Km and it done it again whilst I was at the Service Station. Funny thing is that at times it would still do it while the car is in motion???

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    NONONONONO... It is the A/C expansion valve. Get it replaced if you are lucky to still have warranty remaining.

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/show...8&page=1&pp=25
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    NONONONONO... It is the A/C expansion valve.
    If so, what is the cause and what do I need to do to fix it? Obviously I will need to take it to a Auto Electrician, but will it be a big job $$$

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Is it an Auto or Manual?

If its a manual, is it a "whooo" noise when riding the clutch?

That is a common issue and Honda will fix it under warranty.
    Apparently its a problem with the Spigget Bearing, and they sometimes just replace the clutch side of the gearbox (not the clutch itself though).
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    NONONONONO... It is the A/C expansion valve. Get it replaced if you are lucky to still have warranty remaining.

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/show...8&page=1&pp=25
    thank you good sir repped ;>
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?