Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK,Nissan 180SX+VolvoS80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    you will need something to controll your ignition timeing too as well as your air/fuel

also be carfull with your oil drain, if it is drilled too low the oil will not drain properly and burst out your turbo seals
    Thank you for your advise. I like what you have done with your civic.

All the best with the new parts.
    Is a turbo D quicker than NA B?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK,Nissan 180SX+VolvoS80
    Quote Originally Posted by NSPYRE View Post
    good write up. just wondering, isnt a piggy-back a bit too simple for a turbo application?
    My friend Tim who is currently doing the installation has got a turbo d EK civic as well. The difference is his civic is custom built by himself using all the good parts. I will show picture of his setup later. He is only using EBC, AFC and fuel regulators plus changed the ignition timing to suit and already able to yield good result( bye bye to 200sx & V8) so there should be no problem here.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK,Nissan 180SX+VolvoS80
    8. Oil Feed line - the diameter of the oil line from the XS kit is too small which means the oil supply to my turbo may not be enough, it may starve and burn out itself. I notice a small crack in it as well. Gotta to throw it out and replace it with a $90 stainless steel unbreakable oil line .

Here is the picture of comparison. The one on top is the $90 one which is much strong. Don't use the doggy kit one. This is one of the most important areas to keep your turbo long lasting.

The oil is coming from the factory oil pressure switch area and it has now been replaced with a junction piece. Lines installed and secured.OK

Here is the connection to the turbo. Oil feed line all secured. Oil pressure should be good.

9. Oil return line. As agreed with others in this thread, we have heat wrapped the rubber oil return line which came with the kit. Hope this one will hold up.

Also pay notice to that 90 degree rubber joint reducer which i have bought to join the intercooler piping with the turbo, it did not come with the kit. Extra $$ again

10. Fuel Pressure testing - with all the fuel line installed. System checks.
    The pressure does hold up and does not drop immediately back to zero once the ignition switch is cut off. If everything is good, the pressure should reduce steadily for 5-10mins after the igition switch is cut off. No problem here as seen in the pic.

11. Time to install oil filter and fill the engine oil after every hoses and lines are connected. Do a throughout check, even check all the vaccum hoses including the waste gate one. And yeah the engine starts no problem. Cannot do much yet because there is no exhaust and there is no pipe connected between the wastegate and the exhaust system ( not included with the kit ). Right now it is too loud and too much exhaust fume!!!! Time to custom made again.....

12. Dump pipe - i would call the kit piece a dumb pipe, this piece which came with the kit sits 2" lower than it should. Without modification, my civic will be cleaning up the rubbish on the road. Gotta to cut it and reweld again!!

Here are the cat & muffler purchased from my friend Felix on this Honda forum. Now i need to send the car away to get the catback section custom made. I do prefer a quieter system. A street sleeper.

13. Apex AFC-Neo - it is wired up but it has no use until my civic goes onto dyno tuning.

14. Ignition timing - need to retard the timing for this turbo application

15. Kiss goodbye to air conditioner - there is no space for it due to the wastegate. And even if i switch to a turbo with internal wastegate. I still need the space for an oil cooler or full size DC2 type r radiator. Sacrifice !!!!!

16. Gearbox - I don't expect it to last long with the increased load - haven't decided what to use for upgrade yet

By now, i am sure you can agree with me that this XS turbokit is not a bolt on kit and you must prepare to do hard work yourself or have someone professional to do it for you if you insist on having a cheap kit. I have upgraded all the vital areas because i want it to last.

I will show the power result once exhaust is installed and dyno tuned. I hope all this effort and $$$ is worth it.

To be continued..............
    Last edited by RedVTi; 16-11-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Starting to look good though

Once she's going you'll love it

For the stuff your replacing and might have to when they break my bolt-on in one day and boost that night GReddy kit at $2080 bucks is look'n dam good right now
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    EK,Nissan 180SX+VolvoS80
    8. Correction to point 8. The oil is coming out from oil pressure switch, not fuel pressure switch. Typo sorry.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK,Nissan 180SX+VolvoS80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    Starting to look good though

Once she's going you'll love it

For the stuff your replacing and might have to when they break my bolt-on in one day and boost that night GReddy kit at $2080 bucks is look'n dam good right now
    Thanks. You may be right. I will provide a cost break down when the project is done.

The only thing is the Greddy kit does not include the intercooler and pipings so if people want a full kit and run with higher boost then they will need to consider extra cost.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by RedVTi View Post
    Thanks. You may be right. I will provide a cost break down when the project is done.

The only thing is the Greddy kit does not include the intercooler and pipings so if people want a full kit and run with higher boost then they will need to consider extra cost.
    Yeah got CIVIC pipping from the US $190 bucks delviered + FMIC $150

Total thu far $2420

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    looking nice as mate nice and simply

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    The Fuel pressure test.Can you do the same test for N/A cars?

Lovin' this thread!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK,Nissan 180SX+VolvoS80
    Quote Originally Posted by Aza View Post
    looking nice as mate nice and simply
    Thank you for your kind word and support.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by RedVTi View Post
    Thank you for your kind word and support.
    So whens your first start-up man?

We are all hanging to see the outcome after everything so far

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ800ST
    hey RedVTi...

u get dat fuel reg off ebay?
    my tuner wanted 2 sell me one at his garage 4 $250
    so i went home n searched on ebay.. n it was only $165 with gauge... lol