Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    EK,Nissan 180SX+VolvoS80

XS Turbokit for EK installation diary - Step by Step

Hi all,

I have a Honda EK hatch with a factory SOHC VTECH engine. Engine model D16Y6. I believe it is a NZ personal import.

Last month, I have decided to go down the turbo path and bought a XS turbokit from Kerim on this forum.

Here are the pics of what we have done so far.

And I will detail all the problems we have encountered to date.

1. Grouping the components and do some planning before installation. This is important as no instruction was included in the kit!

2. Test the mounting of manifold and the XS T3/T4 turbo. There was no bolt included to join the turbo with the manifold!

And we found there is no pipe to join between the external waste gate and the exhaust system. Screamer pipe is highly illegal as the penalty is much worser than getting a defect notice.

I recommend using the factory exhaust gasket, the one from the kit will crack under high boost.

3. Build the floating brackets to mount the intercooler. The intercooler which came with the kit was not suitable and had to buy a new cooler. Using the kit intercooler means cutting front bar and the cooler will block the radiator! I think I prefer having the front bar protection.

The cooler pipings require serious cutting to suit. Definitely not bolt on!

And also need to purchase new 90 degree rubber joiner reducer.

The BOV pipe is missing which means we shall have to weld a new adaptor later.

Lucky my friend Tim has the experience and can fix the problems as we encountered them.

4. Modify the factory fuel rail to install the Sard fuel regulator

Tim suggests to use the factory fuel injectors and pump if it is only for low boost application.

Here is picture of him doing the mod

Trust me, I am very impress with his workmanship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Done!

I shall keep you all updated. See more in other pages. Please rate this thread if you think it is helpful.
    Last edited by RedVTi; 17-11-2007 at 07:03 AM.
    Is a turbo D quicker than NA B?