Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer

Tomtom One (New Edition) mount

Have any of you guys installed this in your car and found that the suction mount is very poor and keeps falling off when driving? I'm not sure why but it feels as if it's lost it's stickiness... any tips? I don't really wanna take it back since Tomtom said it could take 4-6wks to get a replacement even though it's under warranty!

Member Array
    Car:
    BRZ
    did you " hoooorrr" it?
    n turn that knob thingi
    civic is civic backwards
    Green Machine is gone

did u make it a bit wet? and then smash it onto the screen n lock down =)

worked for my sis one lol but it wasnt a tom tom
    EVOLUTIONOZ - The Australian Evo Community

Clean ur windscreen first with a spray gun filled with water and metho, then wipe clean with newspaper. clean off the suction cap with water, then wait for both to dry. It should work fine then. If not try a little bit of wetness on the suction cap. Should that fail, you could always try taking it back where you got it from and swapping the unit/base? Most places don;t mind swapping them so much, its returns they hate! lol
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Why not mount it in the cubby hole infront of the gear shift?

I did this and if you place something in front of it then no one knows youve got a Tomtom sitting there, otherwise if you really want you can just unmount it and hide when you leave the car. Reception is unaffected from that position too (i installed the external antenna and discovered the performance was better without it!)

Much better option as the suction cup marks give away the fact youve got a Satnav lurking somewhere in the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by wassup View Post
    Why not mount it in the cubby hole infront of the gear shift?

I did this and if you place something in front of it then no one knows youve got a Tomtom sitting there, otherwise if you really want you can just unmount it and hide when you leave the car. Reception is unaffected from that position too (i installed the external antenna and discovered the performance was better without it!)

Much better option as the suction cup marks give away the fact youve got a Satnav lurking somewhere in the car.
    I've got my iPod mounted there.

Sigh I never got round to fixing the mount, but it stays on for at least 3/4 of each journey so I only ever have it fall down once or twice when I use it. Not ideal but at least it's not falling down every time I turn a corner.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

u should put a mouthful of saliva onto the suction part.. =)) cant go wrong there.. lol