Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Civic EK9 Type R?

Hi I was wondering if they sell these in australia or they need to be imported? Its rarely that I've seen one. or even any Ek9's? or am I looking at the wrong places?

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    All 2nd hand, all imported.
    They never sold EK9s in australia hence theyre so rare.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

where are you located?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

But don't you have to live in japan and own the Ek9 for 1 Year, before you can import it?

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Or you could "rebuild" a totalled EK6 by replacing every part bar the compliance/ADR plate*

Only in Victoria though
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    ^Wth is an EK6? O.o
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Thanks Qball.
    SO none EK9's at all? i see like ek4s and stuff
    located in sydney. or is there a ek9 - but vti or vti r or somthing like that, non type r. how much would the price for one be? like average.

and also thanks to other guys too.!

hav you tried import car yards?

Yep, EK9 sold only in Japan, never made it to anyone else's shores. As mentioned, because the EK9 isn't deemed as elligible to pass under SEVS guidelines (EK chassis was sold in Australia, so its deemed not special enough for consideration), you have to either own it for at least one year overseas (Like RSX said) but you must have documents to support evidence you actually own and drive it. Setanta mentioned the other method by following the guidelines laid out by your local road authority, you could get a EK9 and a EK hatch of some description then make the two come together
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

not yet, just enquiring about it atm..and thinking whether I should sell my car or not. but just wanted to look around..Insurance must be pretty expensive im presuming. I could make the 2 come together, but I don 't really want to waste time modding..hahahaha..well maybe if I had the erge too but as you can see my nick. im pretty lazy

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by layzie View Post
    Thanks Qball.
    SO none EK9's at all? i see like ek4s and stuff
    located in sydney. or is there a ek9 - but vti or vti r or somthing like that, non type r. how much would the price for one be? like average.
    When i say they never sold em here, im referring to Honda dealerships.
    The car was never sold here brand new.
    You can find some on the net nowdays as private sales or trade ins at certain dealerships though. Most of their owners will be wanting to keep them for obvious reasons.
    For the Civics,
    EK9 = Type R hatch
    EK4 = VtiR hatch
    EK1 = Cxi, GLi (hatch + sedan) - the VTi sedan is also an EK1
    Last edited by Q_ball; 16-11-2007 at 06:08 PM.