Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

K20 RBC intake manifold

hey guys,

im looking at getting skunk2 stage 2 (or 3!) cams... im guessing ill have to upgrade my valve springs and retainers... anything else i should look at doing to run the cams?

thanks
    Last edited by EUR003act; 08-04-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I got the magazine that showed the Skunk2 Project TSX that made 240 hp at wheel. Skunk2 mentioned that stage 1 is the best cams profile for stock bottom k24a2 since you can't really rev it more than 8500 rpm, there will be only very little clearance for the piston.
    Anyway for the valve spring and retainer you needed to made power up to 8000 rpm however titanium retainer has lifespan from what I gathered it only last 10k km up to 15k km.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    thanks for that ALN... so i only need valvesprings and retianers if increasing my rev limit over 8000rpm...

does anyone else know if theres any disadvantage (besides economy) for going stage2 or 3?

also, will a K20 intake manifold fit on a k24? yes i know id have to modify the throttle body plate... but i like the larger plenum off the k20 and can upgrade it to a h2p one aswell

i think to full recondition of the cylinder head with the cam will even better.
    this is what i am going to do early in the year

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    thanks for that ALN... so i only need valvesprings and retianers if increasing my rev limit over 8000rpm...

does anyone else know if theres any disadvantage (besides economy) for going stage2 or 3?

also, will a K20 intake manifold fit on a k24? yes i know id have to modify the throttle body plate... but i like the larger plenum off the k20 and can upgrade it to a h2p one aswell
    Not really, aggresive cams are the one that produce power and valve spring retainer made it easier to reach higher rpm.
    Hmm for stage 2 and stage 3, it will affect the idle and daily driven situation and it might required to do crankshaft and rods to be replaced with lighter and strong one to pass reach 8500 rpm or pass it.

k20a intake manifold has 2 good options like PRC from ITR and RBC from euro R. PRC will require to modify the water port and RBC will directly bolt on to K24 euro. There to be found RBC is better than PRC in term of flow however it will only serve better with aggressive cams combo and will lose power on stock cams.
    You could try 06 TSX intake cam in which from what I heard to be better than japs spec ITR cams and it manage to make 15 hp more on the top compare to 04 spec.
    http://www.hondata.com/reflash_tsx_06.html

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    sorry excuse my ignorance... whats PRC, ITR and RBC? cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    PRC is intake manifold found from jap spec DC5R and RBC intake manifold found in Euro R. RBC also recently found in US 06 civic Si. In skunk2 project TSX, they used PRC to made around 240 hp at wheel however that was in feb 06 which the RBC was not yet tested by many k series hardcore users.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    so i should try get the RBC, easier bolt on mod...
    thanks again

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    no worries. Just try this website http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/
    Prob, one of the cheapest online store and good luck with the project.

aln

how about the japan ctr Fd2 intake manifold will it fit to our car, i am thinking of putting the fd2 intake manifold and the spoon made throttle bodies on to our car, do you think it will work?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    hehehe couldnt help myself... just ordered the RBC from a DC5 RSX/EP3 CTR...
    it comes with:
    -RBC INTAKE MANIFOLD
    -"KARCEPTS" RBC ADAPTER TO MOUNT STOCK THROTTLE BODY
    -GASKET - BETWEEN RBC MANIFOLD & KARCEPTS ADAPTER
    -GASKET - BETWEED KARCEPTS ADAPTER & STOCK THROTTLE BODY
    -VACUUM LINE - TO CONNECT RBC TO STOCK VACUUM FITTING
    -HARDWARE TO MOUNT STOCK THROTTLE BODY TO KARCEPTS ADAPTER PLATE TO RBC MANIFOLD
    (im not sure if ill need the TB adaptor as i think the RBC used drive-by-wire thottle anyway?)

i should have it within the week, ill install it when i put on my Hondata heatshield gasket, and do my throttle body coolant bypass

should work well in conjunction with TODA headers and K&N CAI...

now i just gotta save up for skunk2 stage 2 cams and jtune mild reflash
    Last edited by EUR003act; 18-11-2007 at 05:58 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
    aln

how about the japan ctr Fd2 intake manifold will it fit to our car, i am thinking of putting the fd2 intake manifold and the spoon made throttle bodies on to our car, do you think it will work?
    The TB, I guess it could fit to our euro since the TB of the FD2 is exactly the same with DC5/CL7 one with only difference in the system. I red from civic si forum that few of the members replaced their stock 60 mm tb to 06 TSX 64mm TB and it worked.

The intake manifold is new design which only available in FD2, but then again I guess it could fit our euro and if minor mods required it would be the water port.

FD2 are damn good though from the chassis, transmission to engine. It has adopted NSX tech

http://asia.vtec.net/Engines/FD2K20AR/index.html
    Last edited by ALN; 18-11-2007 at 06:34 PM.