Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux Sat-Nav 6MT

Installing Comptech Icebox

Well, today my Comptech Icebox arrived.

Part way through the installation I'm seriously considering putting the car back together and taking it to a mechanic. I always end up hating these fiddly type jobs especially when I know my time is quite valuable these days. Geez, for $100 it would've been easier (and cheaper) to pay a mechanic to do it.

Anyway, it seems that the Comptech lid for the intake box doesn't even fit neatly on the bottom half. Of the four screws that hold it on I can only get the front two on... not good. And how the hell do you get that tightening spring back on the intake tubing once you put the new box lid on?

I've got the bumper half off and will leave it for tomorrow night. Hopefully it'll be easy tomorrow and I'll be able to get my car back together in time for Friday when I need it!!
    Last edited by Lukey13; 21-11-2007 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Typos
    2007 Euro Luxury Sat-Nav 6MT
    Nighthawk Black, Black leather
    Full body-kit & spoiler, Silver interior upgrade, Multimedia player, Stainless Steel door trims
    Comptech Icebox, Whiteline swaybar

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey13 View Post
    Anyway, it seems that the Comptech lid for the intake box doesn't even fit neatly on the bottom half. Of the four screws that hold it on I can only get the front two on... not good. And how the hell do you get that tightening spring back on the intake tubing once you put the new box lid on?

I've got the bumper half off and will leave it for tomorrow night. Hopefully it'll be easy tomorrow and I'll be able to get my car back together in time for Friday when I need it!!
    Here is a tip for you - you know those Comptech stainless "spaces" (not sure if that is the correct word for them) that go into the holes in the lid? Remove those and screw down the lid without them. The lid will screw down easily that way and the box is still sealed nicely.

After a few weeks put the spaces back in. After a few weeks the lid softens a little and screwing the lid down is easy.

As for the tightening spring - if you have problems just remove the spring. You don't need it. Just pull the hose onto the comptech opening. It should go just over half way (that is enough).
    Last edited by yfin; 21-11-2007 at 08:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Congrats on the icebox Lukey13

*drooling of envy

........did it come with instructions ? Sorry can't help out with this one but I'm sure someone in this forum knows something about the install, have you tried a search in the diy section, or even youtube (search TSX comptech icebox diy) hope this helps

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The spring thing is easy. Just use 2 long nose pliers.
    Be careful not to snap the airbox bolts, they are quite fragile.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

haha man u should really save up that $100 dollars and spend elsewhere...
    esp when uve already got the front bar off... HAHA that was the hard part when lilwilliam and my mates help to install my comptech icebox...

for the spring...jst used one screwdriver...and wedged it off..being careful not to puncture the intake piping...

bt basically after u remove the front bar... remove stock airbox..then piping + resonator box.. after that is all done... jst fit in the new intake system.... aftermarket piping + airbox.. and bracket...zip tie... etc to hold it in place...

as i recall one of the members on here,helped another member the comptech intake system at a certain shopping centre carpark..

heres a link to the DIY that Leon (bustersonic12) wrote up \

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...light=comptech

...that we used...hopefully it will help u in installing ur comptech intake welcome to the club HAHA!!
    Last edited by J-TODA; 22-11-2007 at 12:32 AM.
    K-series sQuadron | > B-series sQuadron

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    A bit off topic.I'm thinking of getting the Icebox.Those of you that have it installed what's it like?Do you lose any power down low,say under 3k compared to the stock airbox?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    A bit off topic.I'm thinking of getting the Icebox.Those of you that have it installed what's it like?Do you lose any power down low,say under 3k compared to the stock airbox?
    I had the Comptech icebox before and you get much better throttle response throughout the rev range and the car revs faster too. There's a slight loss of power at the very bottom (probably from the larger lid) but it's not really noticeable. It's a lot better than the stock airbox imo. Noise wise it's close to stock if you drive slow with a much better growl when you give it some stick.

Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    I had the Comptech icebox before and you get much better throttle response throughout the rev range and the car revs faster too. There's a slight loss of power at the very bottom (probably from the larger lid) but it's not really noticeable. It's a lot better than the stock airbox imo. Noise wise it's close to stock if you drive slow with a much better growl when you give it some stick.

Cheers!
    Ook. I thought the comptech improves response down low whereas other intakes tend to lose down low and gains at higher rev ranges.

Anyways, i cant wait to get mine installed along with my tein ss, whiteline rsb and ingalls rear camber. Cant wait!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux Sat-Nav 6MT

Done!

Comptech Icebox now installed.

Just got back from my first test drive with it on....
    2007 Euro Luxury Sat-Nav 6MT
    Nighthawk Black, Black leather
    Full body-kit & spoiler, Silver interior upgrade, Multimedia player, Stainless Steel door trims
    Comptech Icebox, Whiteline swaybar

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux

so how'd it go? any improvements noticed with butt dyno? :P
    cant wait to get mine done after exams!!

hahaha im sure he loved it.. all i know is that after we finished doing mine at around 3am.. went for test drive full car...

all u see is a massive smile on my face HAHA!!
    K-series sQuadron | > B-series sQuadron

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry

I like happy endings..................