Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Car not hitting boost...

been running a GT28RS turbo on my b16 for just over a month now. Running of the internal wastegate, so round 8-9psi.
    i've had no problems with it till this morning. Took it out for a drive & after 2 mins of driving (was takin it easy, shifting below 3.5K to warm car up) i noticed that the car felt a bit different and couldn't hear the BOV. Car was not boosting and felt like it was NA. Boost gauge was not going above 0 and could not hear the turbo spool.

Thought the wastegate might be stuck open. So i checked it out when i got home & all seems to be intact. wastegate rod is still connected to the rear housing. I've cehcked all vaccum lines and piping.

Took it for another spin and still no boost in 1st & 2nd.
    was hitting boost in 3rd & 4th.. but only like 3-5 psi. and could also hear the turbo spooling this time. But was not getting any pull, Could only see the boost gauge going into boost range. And not enough pressure build up to make the BOV go off.

has anybody had the same problem.? or have any ideas.?
    figured the wastegate actuator might have shit itself or a boost leak somewhere.?

sorry for the life story. lol i know it's a bit long. Thanx in advance.
    Last edited by G3RA1D; 22-11-2007 at 11:46 PM.
    www.groundupgarage.com

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    check for any holes in your cooler piping?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    could be low on oil??????????
    try checking cooler hoses and clamps and exhaust leaks from dump pipe?????

Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    could be low on oil??????????
    try checking cooler hoses and clamps and exhaust leaks from dump pipe?????
    i've checked the oil - all is good.
    checked cooler piping,hoses, and clamps.
    will check the bolts on the dumpipe/manifold/turbo toms morning to make sure bolts haven't come loose.
    Last edited by G3RA1D; 22-11-2007 at 11:45 PM.
    www.groundupgarage.com

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    As destrukshn said, check your cooler pipes etc. Particularly around silicone joins.
    It sounds like a boost leak.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

i'll have a better look at the cooler piping in the morning once i take off the front bar.

Cheers for the suggestions.
    keep them coming.
    Last edited by G3RA1D; 22-11-2007 at 11:44 PM.
    www.groundupgarage.com

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    yeh sounds like a leaking pipe. let it idle and open the bonnet, and rev it abit to make it easier to hear any leaks.
    NEW hondata s200. Melb only

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    yep definately pull ur front bar out man, sounds like a a piping leak, i had 1 or 2 encounters of that. particularly where the piping joins at bends are normally the areas that gave me trouble..while the car was leaking it runs sooo gay
    ohh herrow im jdm

heres an update.:

removed the frontbar and checked all the piping again and changed some of the clamps. btw i'm running rubber IC piping.

Checked all the bolts on the manifold/dump/turbo and made sure they were tight.

let the car idle and was not able to locate any noticeable leaks.

took the car for a spin and still not hitting boost in 1st & 2nd gear.
    Revd it a bit more this time (4800) and 3rd & 4th gear is showing boost of 8-9 psi but still not really feelin much pull.

so i really haven't made any progress on it.
    Any other suggestions.?
    www.groundupgarage.com

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    i hope u checked all ur piping properly, some of my piping is rubber and the rips in the piping are sometimes not very noticable. but if u continue to drive and try to attemp to hit boost, it will widen ur cut/rip in ur rubber piping and u will definately be able to find it one day. assuming it is a leakage problem.
    ohh herrow im jdm

maybe run more boost gerald =)

but if you need help checkin things out im down for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tekung89 View Post
    i hope u checked all ur piping properly, some of my piping is rubber and the rips in the piping are sometimes not very noticable. but if u continue to drive and try to attemp to hit boost, it will widen ur cut/rip in ur rubber piping and u will definately be able to find it one day. assuming it is a leakage problem.
    well i put some soapy water all over the piping and got someone to rev the engine as i checked to see if there was any air/bubbles coming from the pipes - found nothing.

Any other methods on checkin pipes for leaks.?

only reason i continue to take if for a drive is to see if anything i'm doing has solved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by xtat1k View Post
    maybe run more boost gerald =)

but if you need help checkin things out im down for it.
    hahahaha cheers albert.
    got a busy weekend coming up - so might have to leave it till monday.
    www.groundupgarage.com