Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Rust Around Civic FD sunroof

i was just wondering ive started using my sunroof alot now that it is getting warmer and on two corners of the sun roof are starting to rust...
    almost looks like there is two air bubbles in the corner of the rust kind of hard to explain but just checking if anyone else had this problem...
    i will take some photos in the morining but i do believe that this is factroy fault and it should be under warranty what do you guys think...

here is some photos....

Last edited by danny_mart; 23-11-2007 at 08:58 AM. Reason: added photos

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_mart View Post
    i was just wondering ive started using my sunroof alot now that it is getting warmer and on two corners of the sun roof are starting to rust...
    almost looks like there is two air bubbles in the corner of the rust kind of hard to explain but just checking if anyone else had this problem...
    i will take some photos in the morining but i do believe that this is factroy fault and it should be under warranty what do you guys think...
    usually paint starting got bubble is first sign of rusting.
    don't think rusty would cover by warranty, unless u take rust proving from the dealer before.but anyway, no cost to try
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    take it to honda asap.

me egs like 13 yrs old not and the sunroof hasnt got runst. Dont see y urs should.

how old are fd's n e way?
    Ctrl + W

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    I know first gen EBs with zero rust.

Get that slug on wheels to Honda ASAP and tell them to fix it.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    may be your sunroof was an aftermarket fit?

ie a webasto or hollandia kit fitted by dealer/sunroof shop?

is it one of those with a rubber seal around the metal opening of the roof?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It should be covered unless someone jumped on your roof. Check your service booklet, it tells you the warranty duration for rust.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

after having a closer look this morin...it looks like stress fractures in the paint causing it to crack then rust...is this a common problem and considering it comes factory fitted with a sunroof i dont believe that this is my fault in any way....
    haha no one has been jumping on my roof....

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Go to the dealer asap.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Considering Civic FDs are less than 2 years old, there shouldn't be any issue- especially considering (like you said) that it's factory fitted with the sunroof on all the Sports models. See dealer asap. None of my friends with 06 Sports have reported this.

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Was your FD parked in Waitara McDonalds yesterday?

You need to be careful with this. If you've modified your car some dealers will look for any reason to knock back the claim. If your car has coilover suspension they will try to force the fact that the chassis is under more load than designed for factory suspension. They'll try to say thanks to this the bodywork sturctural integrity has been comprimised and the factory rustproofing failed due to that.
    Most manufacturers offer at least a 3 year warranty on corrosion and a standard 3 year warranty on paint imperfections.

Are you sure it's the factory sunroof? Have you compared it with others? I've seen Volkswagen cars without certain "standard" items before. Funnily enough, these things can be forgotten somehow. I just hope this isn't the case for you and the dealer hasn't fitted an AM item.
    Last edited by m0nty ITR; 23-11-2007 at 01:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    Are you sure it's the factory sunroof? Have you compared it with others? I've seen Volkswagen cars without certain "standard" items before. Funnily enough, these things can be forgotten somehow. I just hope this isn't the case for you and the dealer hasn't fitted an AM item.
    In Aus, all Honda Civic Sports come standard with the sunroof (FD2)... but then who knows.

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    In Aus, all Honda Civic Sports come standard with the sunroof (FD2)... but then who knows.
    But as I said, some things do actually get forgotten on the production line. Manufacturers do make mistakes and they do occasionally get past QC checkpoints. I have seen a GTI with a Golf wheel, a Jetta without alloys and a Golf with a 5 speed box when it was supposed to be 6.

The last one was a doozie. We laughed a bit at such blind incompetence.