Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First near smash in 07 Civic

Totally shit myself today. Driving home on road, work mate in front and two cars ahead. For some reason the first car stops and delayed reaction by delayed reaction I slammed my breaks and ended upa few inches from the back of my mates camry.

Now the sound the breaks made was really weird, when I did so it make big clunk clunk noises and sounded like the breaks came off the car. Sounded like they went on then off, it did take me a lot longer to stop this time than normal.

I'm assuming this is ABS? And the on off sound of the breaks is the pumps and the computer adjusting the break distribution so that I break in a straight line and that my wheels don't lock?

Does the standard civic have EBD, as I believe this was so, which is why I chose the civic over the mazda.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    ABS has a grinding feeling that you can feel through your brake pedal.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    Then that means I've ABS'd at least 10 times.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    ^^ lol or ur brake are gone and ur disc are warped and its just vibrating when you step on it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 VTi-L MY06
    Yep, that's the ABS - saved my ar$e many a time. Freaked out the first time they kicked in, much the same situation as your's - at the time I don't know what freaked me out more, the fact that I nearly ran up the back of someone braking suddenly - or hearing the sound of the ABS engaging! Ha!

Good to hear you got out of it unscathed though mate.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    Heard (and I swear you can fell it through the pedal) the ABS once now.. very weird.. ;-)

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    wooo yeahh abs life saver!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Yep that's ABS for you. It's a bit scary and it sounds like it's failing when it's actually activating!

IIRC the Civic has electronic brakeforce distribution.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkntigr View Post
    Totally shit myself today. Driving home on road, work mate in front and two cars ahead. For some reason the first car stops and delayed reaction by delayed reaction I slammed my breaks and ended upa few inches from the back of my mates camry.

Now the sound the breaks made was really weird, when I did so it make big clunk clunk noises and sounded like the breaks came off the car. Sounded like they went on then off, it did take me a lot longer to stop this time than normal.

I'm assuming this is ABS? And the on off sound of the breaks is the pumps and the computer adjusting the break distribution so that I break in a straight line and that my wheels don't lock?

Does the standard civic have EBD, as I believe this was so, which is why I chose the civic over the mazda.
    yup. same as mine. thinked my brakes fall apart. congrats for ur first use of ABS
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2RRRRRRR
    nub just popped his abs cherry.
    IS motor racing

Quote Originally Posted by SiR CRX View Post
    Sex Spec reminds me of Paris Hilton.

She's worth a lot of money but still looks like cheap trash....

lol so that's what it is

always wondered!!! felt so scary the first time (first day i got the car) hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    haha "ABS just kicked in y0!"
    I'm surprised people don't know what it feels like, I guess it just tells me that most people do travel at safe speeds and distances so they never really need it.