Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

FD1 2007 vti-l aftermarket sunroof?

Hi Guys;
    As the title says im asking about fitting aftermarket sunroof on FD1's since i did not buy a Sport. Has anyone done this? Any problems like leaking or rusting? Where do i get it done if i decide to? And also what are your opinions about getting it done aftermarket. It won't be honda fitted even if i take it back to the dealers to do it anyway. They will take it to a 3rd party and charge commission on top of the fee for the sunroof. Please give me your opinions and experiences!

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    I've seen some aftermarket jobs done on suzuki swift by wesbasto that looks pretty OEM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I can't remember which magazine I read it in (either Autosalon or Hot4s) but there was quite a big of reviews on it... the price was looking at around the $2-2.5k mark fully fitted and it made me think "oh shit should've just bought the sport".

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Please let me know whereand how much aswell, i want to get one =)

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Mini Cooper, 07 FD1
    around 2500-3000. i can give you the guys number if you want

Is there a way to get exact same roof as the Sport?

No one answer last question? Please?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingChicken View Post
    No one answer last question? Please?
    sometimes it's hard to answer mate. coz we think it's too risky to install after market sunroof.risk of leaking,risk of rusty, and bla..bla..bla..
    u imagine, they have to cut ur roof install the glass+silicon+etc.
    u don't want in the middle of driving duringheavyrain, suddenly, leaking or may be the sunroof fall off
    personally for me, if u really need sunroof, u better get FD2, around $9k different, but u will get sunroof (value $2.5K), leather seat (value $2K), and another $4.5K for 2L engine.
    that's my 2 cents
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Yeh I think it's definitely not worth getting an aftermarket sunroof considering the price of the FD2- unless you're like me and in a current state of regret!

Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    Yeh I think it's definitely not worth getting an aftermarket sunroof considering the price of the FD2- unless you're like me and in a current state of regret!
    and why is that JaCe?

The moment JaCe can afford one he will be off in his evo 10... I say we just expell him out of this community pre-emptively...

Sorry JaCe

Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    The moment JaCe can afford one he will be off in his evo 10... I say we just expell him out of this community pre-emptively...

Sorry JaCe
    bleh! I want one toooooooooo JaCe start saving for Evo X, but keep on saving untill u can buy 2 (one for me ) so you wont kicked out from this forum for a while jkz jkz