Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Standard 6MT

Mods to improve Euro fuel consumption

Hi,

Wanted to know if anyone done any mods to their Euro to improve fuel consumptions?

Mine (manual) runs 9.5 - 10.5 L/100km. This might not be too bad for medium size car, but as fuel price is getting dearer, this might create a pinch....

my friend even suggested to convert my car to run on LPG, any of you guys have done this?... any advice or comment?

Thanks

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    LPG will give you higher fuel consumption. The only advantage is that LPG is cheaper.

The best mod is to use proper tyre pressure of about 34psi if you have the stock 16" tyres. Also, service your car regularly, use a 5w-30 or 10w-30 oil, make sure your air filter is clean and most of all, NO TRAFFIC LIGHT DRAGS.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Don't even think about running the Euro on lpg. Honda never designed the car to run on LPG. You will lose your boot and Honda will not want to know you should have have any warranty issues with the engine.

Does improved air intake increase fuel consumption?

My family friend put in this 'direct intake' if thats what you call it, on my euro and i can get up to about 550 - 600 km each tank before refilling driving with 6th a lot.

Just a thought ^^

u know wat? just sell ur car and get a jazz if u want lower consumption
    to be honest 9.5 - 10.5 is not that high for the euro

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    You're better off doing things like:
    1. Pump your tyres to 35PSI or at least above the recommend pressures of 32 front and 30 rear (for 17")
    2. Use Premium Unleaded (BP Ultimate being my preference) although the extra fuel consumption does not justify the increased premium. It's not cost-effective but it's good fuel.
    3. Use decent engine oil. Motul 8100 fully synthetic or Mobil Gold.
    4. Simple things like using the cruise control and accelerating gently (or avoid accelerating at all). A steady foot on the pedal helps!

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Basically drive only up to 2-2500rpm....no air con. Take out any excess stuff in the car....shoes, bags, umbrellas etc etc

That might save you ...... half a litre?

Probably the best one is....dont drive the car if you know your going to be stuck in peak hour traffic.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by henri123 View Post
    Does improved air intake increase fuel consumption?

My family friend put in this 'direct intake' if thats what you call it, on my euro and i can get up to about 550 - 600 km each tank before refilling driving with 6th a lot.

Just a thought ^^
    Freer flowing intake = more air.
    More air = more fuel
    More fuel = higher fuel consumption.

Your family friend probably has a lighter foot.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    No real mods you can do...........as above ^^^

9.5-10.5 is very, very good for the weight of the car IMO it's excellant !! I run my car on mobil synergy 8000 costs me a bit more but I get the same klm's as I would normal premium unleaded......more efficient, better response, less effort to go from a to b IMO anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    yeah, appreciate that your running 9.5 - 10's man. im doing 14's = =" and only get 400 - 480kms average per FULL tank.
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Standard 6MT
    Looks like LPG is out of the question then .....

been asking few converters and told that no approved kit is available for the euro, and only couple of fitters told me they can do it, but I am not so convinced...the way they explain the fitting and the parts looks kind of dodgy

asked Honda last time they did not recommend LPG installation either

my tyre pressures are already around 34-35psi, and I shift up usually not more than 3000rpm
    I always drive to work during peak city traffic... so not much choice on this
    guess I will just remember to use 5-30 W oil on next service

Thanks for the feedback guys....

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    where do you work ? drive to the nearest station of some sort and train it from there. some people on ozhonda does that, and around my area alot of people do that.
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer