Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Standard 6MT
    Btw I live in WA,
    public transport is not as good here ....
    prefer to keep driving my car ...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Peak city traffic in WA can't be as bad as city traffic in Melb or Sydney.

If you want lower fuel consumption, get a Jazz GLi. That thing literally runs on air!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Black Stallion
    I put fuel saver or something from Dealer last time when i did service. Cost about 200. I think it just a rip off from Honda. I never check my fuel consumption though.

Hi aarong, is it safe to use 34psi? coz they recommand 32psi. How much max safe psi can we go? Will it depend on hot or cold weather?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    For the Dunlops, I think max is about 45-50psi. Depends on the tyres. My current tyres has a max of 51psi. I just use 34-36psi.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 CW Civic Type R
    dude, I get 560kms when the fuel light comes on and get it upto 600kms when the fuel needle is close to the redline.

9.5l / 100km is quite good for a 2.4litre engine. My mums 1.8litre corolla does the same. Just for some background. My euro is an 03 base model auto. 106,000kms clocked up and I use shell 98 octane fuel. I'm always driving in traffic to and from work stopping and starting all the time. So i'm really happy with the fuel consumption i'm getting.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I spent the last week house hunting and in the traffic jam of peak hour Sydney traffic, I still got 10.5L/100km. It's slightly better here in Melb at 10L/100km. Best is when I am on the freeway, 7.1L/100km.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord 2005 VTi Auto
    quickest way to increase fuel consumption on virtually any car is to leave the spare tire at home....it's so heavy...if you have a flat just get a mate to bring your spare over. I get a flat once every maybe 4 years?

Your Euro has tyre deflectors in the front, dunno how much effect tyre deflectors for the rear tyres will have??

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic 7th
    get a Prius! (toyota) at 3l/100kms in peak hour traffic you can't beat that!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    close all the windows
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    LPG will give you higher fuel consumption. The only advantage is that LPG is cheaper.

The best mod is to use proper tyre pressure of about 34psi if you have the stock 16" tyres. Also, service your car regularly, use a 5w-30 or 10w-30 oil, make sure your air filter is clean and most of all, NO TRAFFIC LIGHT DRAGS.
    34psi all around or 34 upfront and 32 rear?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    34psi all around or 34 upfront and 32 rear?
    All round. If you find that it is still comfy, you can increase it to 35 or 36psi all round. Not much point going higher than 36psi unless your tyres are "special".

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro std 6MT
    I'm now enjoying holiday in Indo...no Euro's here but lots of Jazz, City (hideous design!), Elypsion (bigger than Odyssey, very nice but did not make its way to Australia), new American Accord will sell here soon.

Anyway to the topic, from my experience driving Euro,\ I can see ways to save fuel but previous posters here have suggested before.

- If your Euro has 6MT, then it's good...manual transmission always save more fuel than the automatic.

- Don't turn on A/C, use only when it's necessary ie. when you feel hot inside the car. When the car gets cooler and you feel comfortable then turn A/C off. I don't use A/C quite often. Just open the window during driving.

- If it's rain, close the windows and don't turn on A/C if possible (except if it's hot weather). Switch on button to let the outside air go inside cabin.

- Of course Premium Unleaded always be recommended, I always use Shell Optimax but my bro in law always suggested BP Ultimate / Mobil 9500 (if I'm not mistaken) is much better. Can anyone confirm this? Why better?

- When filling the fuel, when the pump stops to indicate full tank I normally go little bit more. Although the pump stops repeatedly, I also repeatedly press the trigger. Use your feeling and judgment carefully to make sure the fuel does not spill out. If you can do it, it will give your Euro extra more kilometres to travel.

- Don't accelerate the car beyond 3,000rpm. I have problem with keeping accelerating, my normal acceleration from standing start 1st-2nd gear 3,000-4,000rpm. Euro lacks torque below 3,000rpm. Sometimes I am naughty that I fully accelerated, occassionally hit the rev limiter. This does not sound too good but I feel VTEC kicking is glorious

- Under normal driving condition, I use 5th gear on 50-60km/h range, the rev shows 1,800 rpm at 60km/h which is good. I use 6th gear from 70km/h onwards.

If I can keep all the above, my Euro can travel 600-660km on a tank of fuel
    Last edited by Euro76; 02-12-2007 at 11:21 AM.
    2006 CL9 Accord Euro 6MT - Nighthawk Black Pearl
    Mods: | 5,000k Polarg HID Bulb | PIAA LED Licence Plate & Parking Light Bulb |