Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 2007

Weak engine start when warm on new Civic 2007 model

Hi all,

I bought a brand new Civic VTI-L about a month ago and I'm having an annoying problem with starting the engine when it's warm.

In the morning when I do a cold start the engine fires up beautifully. However, after letting the car cool for about 1 hour and I try to start the engine again, it starts but the engine splutters and the cabin of the car shakes before the RPM goes up and stabilizes.

I searched the forum and found 2 threads with exactly the same problem on Accord Euros:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22130
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77078

Has anyone had this problem with a Civic? I've taken it for servicing and all they did was reset the computer and cleaned the throttle. Hasn't fixed the problem.

Should I take it back again or am I wasting my time?

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    MX83 cressida
    Quote Originally Posted by azeon View Post
    Hi all,

I bought a brand new Civic VTI-L about a month ago and I'm having an annoying problem with starting the engine when it's warm.

In the morning when I do a cold start the engine fires up beautifully. However, after letting the car cool for about 1 hour and I try to start the engine again, it starts but the engine splutters and the cabin of the car shakes before the RPM goes up and stabilizes.

I searched the forum and found 2 threads with exactly the same problem on Accord Euros:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22130
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77078

Has anyone had this problem with a Civic? I've taken it for servicing and all they did was reset the computer and cleaned the throttle. Hasn't fixed the problem.

Should I take it back again or am I wasting my time?

Thanks.
    Keep taking it back and keep hounding them until it's fixed.
    Remember, the customer is always right, even when they're wrong, the dealership is there to serve you, so be a hassle as much as you want if you are not 100% happy with ur vehicle!!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Take it back. Never had that issue with my VTi-L.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    ive got tat weak engine start a few times...but very rare.IMO...the problem i think for me is when i dont turn the ignition properly and that is when it happens...(as in when you dont turn the key fully)

Never had that issue with my VTi

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    no problem like this on my 2007 Vti, now dash rattle is another issue LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    not revving it before turning it off? like hardcores do, that usually causes start up problems or if youve been running it hard then just turning it off straight away can sumtimes cause problems...

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by ozR18 View Post
    ive got tat weak engine start a few times...but very rare.IMO...the problem i think for me is when i dont turn the ignition properly and that is when it happens...(as in when you dont turn the key fully)
    happened to me when not turn key properly, so better just push the button
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Haha nice one, BTW DMX is there any way to stop the button from cranking over once the engine is on?

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    found this thread through the honda shame thread.

i've noticed that if i start my car when the engine's warm, the revs settle much lower than if i start the car cold. apparently this behaviour is due to the catalytic converter / some emissions crap, and your problem might be an exaggerated example of this. possibly another avenue to pursue?

i know it's quite hard to get adequate service out of honda these days, but if the problem's bad enough to maybe one day stop your engine from turning over at all, then you have a very serious problem on your hands which, rather ironically, honda will refuse to fix because you didn't show them the problem earlier

Quote Originally Posted by chylld View Post
    i know it's quite hard to get adequate service out of honda these days, but if the problem's bad enough to maybe one day stop your engine from turning over at all, then you have a very serious problem on your hands which, rather ironically, honda will refuse to fix because you didn't show them the problem earlier
    And when this happens, let us just pray that it happens before the warranty void...

PS: I have almost a similar problem... when I try to start the engine, sometimes I have to re-shut the engine (turn the key back) and then turn it back on again to make it works. The first time I try to turn the engine on, it makes noices of a 20 yrs old car trying to start on a winter morning @ snowy mountain.

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    And when this happens, let us just pray that it happens before the warranty void...

PS: I have almost a similar problem... when I try to start the engine, sometimes I have to re-shut the engine (turn the key back) and then turn it back on again to make it works. The first time I try to turn the engine on, it makes noices of a 20 yrs old car trying to start on a winter morning @ snowy mountain.
    So Denot, did you take your car back for servicing?