Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord

Sub/Amp which one?

Hey guyz, i am in the market to purchase a new sub & amp i want decent sound and bass. I currently have a sony head unit (52W x 4) two Sony 6" Speakers in the front (120 W) two Sony 6x9 (220W) in the rear parcel tray (Integra dc2), now i'v been checking out Strathfield n stuff.. i really dont know which one to choose... any recomendations? i dont wana spend tooo much.....
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    how much is too much?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by D4rk4n63l View Post
    how much is too much?
    hey, like i dont wana go above $400.... if i can get a decent sub/amp around this range... like i was checking the strathfield catalouge, they have this sony xplod 12" 1000 W sub for $148 and amps are around $200-$300..but like which one? Mono Bloc/ 4 Channel? would i need?
    cheers..

Member Array
    Car:
    04 euro
    speakers should be fine to run off the head unit for a low budget system, just got for a sub and a mono block amp.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    http://www.strathfield.com/images/Ca...126/JPG/p7.jpg
    here's the link... either the sony 600W 4 Channel Amp or the Pioneer... is there nething more i need to know? liek there rms out put ? or these should be enuf to pump out good sound ??

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I would recommend to buy an amp from a seller on here,in the For sale section,really cheap!
    A sub you can pick up for $120 or so for a decent 12".

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    hi mate. either get a mono-blok or a 2-channel amp. i have a 200wRMS sub and a 250wRMS 2-channel amp in my Accord & its really loud (sometimes defeaning and u can feel that bass pumpin in ur chest). if that's what ur after, u wouldnt need to go any further than around the 200-250wRMS mark.

it would be good if u can get sony all throughout, to compliment your sony head and speakers.

sorry cant recommend anything to u, i tried to look in ebay and ryda for an amp that would be suitable, but not sure if sony makes it around that 250rms mark.

GOOD LUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FULSIKBOY2C23Q2NT2SXI4U
    only be putting the goood shizzle in dis dizzle, for grizzle mizzle!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyboy View Post
    hi mate. either get a mono-blok or a 2-channel amp. i have a 200wRMS sub and a 250wRMS 2-channel amp in my Accord & its really loud (sometimes defeaning and u can feel that bass pumpin in ur chest). if that's what ur after, u wouldnt need to go any further than around the 200-250wRMS mark.

it would be good if u can get sony all throughout, to compliment your sony head and speakers.

sorry cant recommend anything to u, i tried to look in ebay and ryda for an amp that would be suitable, but not sure if sony makes it around that 250rms mark.

GOOD LUCK!
    hey mate, thanks for the info.. may i know what brand amp ur using?, so i was wandering should one amp be enuf to hook up sub/speakers?? like a 4 channel sony amp 600 W?? or do i need two seperate amps, one for the sub and one for the speakers?? cheers

i got a sub n amp for sale in one of my threads if you want. second hand stuff. good quality! pm me or search for my for sale thread

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    Quote Originally Posted by PANJAB View Post
    hey mate, thanks for the info.. may i know what brand amp ur using?, so i was wandering should one amp be enuf to hook up sub/speakers?? like a 4 channel sony amp 600 W?? or do i need two seperate amps, one for the sub and one for the speakers?? cheers
    My amp is Jaycar (Response)...awesome amp! kicks a$$. really good value for money...

If you dont have splits at the front (meaning speakers + tweeters + crossovers), then i wouldnt bother hooking up an amp to your front speakers (no noticeable difference in quality, especially at your price range). And I wouldnt bother hooking up an amp to your rears (same thing, wont be too much difference in quality).

I would just stick to a direct amp to your sub and u will be amazed of the BIG difference it will make. Might as well pay for a powerful amp and a sub that can take a beating.

Now if you're really serious about your sounds, u should one day get your hands on component speakers (splits). Sounds heaps better than normal front speakers especially when hooked up to an amp.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FULSIKBOY2C23Q2NT2SXI4U
    only be putting the goood shizzle in dis dizzle, for grizzle mizzle!

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    brutha .. all you need is 1 grand .. maybe not even and i can get you full speaker front, rear, 6x9, 4 channel, 2channel a sub and a mono proabably alpine? pioneer? sony definately..soundstream (sorta .. depends wat you want)

pm me if anyone interested

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyboy View Post
    My amp is Jaycar (Response)...awesome amp! kicks a$$. really good value for money...

If you dont have splits at the front (meaning speakers + tweeters + crossovers), then i wouldnt bother hooking up an amp to your front speakers (no noticeable difference in quality, especially at your price range). And I wouldnt bother hooking up an amp to your rears (same thing, wont be too much difference in quality).

I would just stick to a direct amp to your sub and u will be amazed of the BIG difference it will make. Might as well pay for a powerful amp and a sub that can take a beating.

Now if you're really serious about your sounds, u should one day get your hands on component speakers (splits). Sounds heaps better than normal front speakers especially when hooked up to an amp.
    hey thanks for the tips man, yea i guess derez no point in hooking up the front/rear speakers with an amp if it aint gona make much difference... so with the response amp.. where would i b able 2 source 1? Jaycar?... coz im trying their website cant find nething...neway cheerz..
    Last edited by PANJAB; 30-11-2007 at 11:43 AM. Reason: typo*