Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 11

Civic 06/07 window problem

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if the following topic has been discussed before. I have an 07 Civic with the driver's window dislodging problem. According to the dealer it is a common problem.

They only put a silicon spray to fix the problem. In my opinion this is not enough as the problem can occur again as the silicone dries up. Maybe not immediately but could be after the warranty runs out.

Has anyone else have this problem and what did the dealer do to rectify it?
    Last edited by conroe; 28-11-2007 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conroe View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if the following topic has been discussed before. I have an 07 Civic with the driver's window dislodging problem. According to the dealer it is a common problem.

They only put a silicon spray to fix the problem. In my opinion this is not enough as the problem can occur again as the silicone dries up. Maybe not immediately but could be after the warranty runs out.

Has anyone else have this problem and what did the dealer do to rectify it?
    got the same problem just a few days before my 10k service. same solution from dealer...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    BK also gave me same solution.

Result: I bought myself a $10 can of silicon spray from Autobarn (or is it Autobahn? Can't remember) and it works the charm.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    BK also gave me same solution.

Result: I bought myself a $10 can of silicon spray from Autobarn (or is it Autobahn? Can't remember) and it works the charm.
    why u should bought by urself ?
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx View Post
    why u should bought by urself ?
    well if you don't wanna go to your dealer everytime it happens, you buy one yourself. by the time you drive to your dealer and back, there's $10 in petrol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Yes silicon spray does the job, just avoid dusty areas...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 11
    It appears everyone is happy with the cheaper spray solution from the dealer. I was told they have to replace the guide in about 50% of the cases. I just hope if they have to do it on mine it will be done before the end of my warranty period.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    well if you don't wanna go to your dealer everytime it happens, you buy one yourself. by the time you drive to your dealer and back, there's $10 in petrol.
    That and I wanted it for my wipers.

C'mon, it's $10. In the scheme of things it's nothing- and it saves you the trip to the service.

Quote Originally Posted by conroe View Post
    It appears everyone is happy with the cheaper spray solution from the dealer. I was told they have to replace the guide in about 50% of the cases. I just hope if they have to do it on mine it will be done before the end of my warranty period.
    well im not happy but they cant do anything... i asked them if they can replace the "sensor" (something that they said caused the problem cause its dirty) with the 07 model. but they said this thing is the same from 06 and 07 model...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic VTi
    Had the same problem too, and same solution was offered at my 10K service (last weekend).

So it's a fairly common issue. Thanks for mentioning that silicon spray JaCe, i'll keep that in mind if it happens in the future!

my dealer actually fits new windows and rubber to both my front doors....

well...i sort of exaggerated the problem to them in hope to get it replaced

it works perfectly since then....however, the new windows seem to be thinner than the original (or my own perception) and the noise inside the cabin is now noticeably louder than be4.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    IS350 F Sport
    Happened to mine and my sister's car early last year.
    Took them both back to the dealer and they fixed it as per the above mentioned method.

Hasn't happened again since they fixed it.