Member Array
    Car:
    98 EJ8

Alonso to Honda?

Found this on F1 Live, I detest the man after his childish behaviour at McClaren, but he could help Honda heaps there's no questioing his driving ability.

"Fernando Alonso spent an entire day at Honda's Brackley factory this week and even had a seat fitting, reports from Germany on Thursday said.

Sport Bild claims that the double world champion, who is still yet to commit to a team for 2008 after splitting with McLaren, is 'nearing an agreement' with the Japanese outfit that recently tabbed Ross Brawn as its new team boss.

It is reported that the first approach to Alonso about possibly joining Honda was made by F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone, after the previously Nick Fry-led team embarrassingly netted just six points with its RA107 package this year.
    Cliquez ici...

The publication said Alonso would take the place of Rubens Barrichello; the Brazilian veteran who would move to Honda's satellite team Super Aguri in 2008 as Takuma Sato's new team-mate.

Alonso's manager, Luis Garcia Abad, on Thursday was not contactable".

Source GMM
    © CAPSIS Internat
    Nugget1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Black Stallion
    That will be good news for Honda fans if he joins Honda. So Honda can be back into Podium frequently in new season. There is no doubt Alonso's driving skills is the best so far. Hope to see him in Honda outfit soon....

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Barrichello at Super Aguri?!?!?!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    lol they should boot button to super aguri after his recent disappointing results
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    What About Davidson?

Actually, Super Aguri Team Is Well Formed, Can Be Better Than The Honda Team In The Future.

Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    lol they should boot button to super aguri after his recent disappointing results
    bro hes done better than barrichello... in fact I'd say hes done a pretty exceptional job considering the car was a fkn lemon this year...

i wouldn't be surprised if this was a rumor started by some despreat journalist... not sure what Honda would gain with alonso being in the team for a year... plus can u imagine what would happen if Button out drove him (which is likely)... he'd spit the dummy again...
    so unless Honda is despreat for sponsorship dollars i dont see a valid reason for bringing him onboard (for a year)...

guess we'll hav 2 wait for official word before we get too excited...

Edit: btw i picked this up from a honda f1 forum... not sure how reliable it is but yeah..
    "...a Honda spokeswoman said: "Fernando has not visited our factory, and Honda Racing confirmed their drivers for the 2008 season back in July."
    Last edited by ^^v; 30-11-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    A spokeswoman for the Honda Formula One team has denied reports linking Fernando Alonso with a switch in 2008.

Honda Denys Alonso Reports
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Quote Originally Posted by JDM.Power View Post
    A spokeswoman for the Honda Formula One team has denied reports linking Fernando Alonso with a switch in 2008.

Honda Denys Alonso Reports
    weRd...
    EMpire.ONE

c i v i c - l i z a t i o n

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX & CRV
    Regardless of his driving ability he loves himself and is not team player.....
    glad he's not with Honda.