Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...

Coilovers STUCK!!!! OMG HELP!

Hi ppl..

I bought 2nd hand coilovers which i am regretting now. Cusco Zero2.

3 of the sussy can be successfully adjusted while the left rear one is stuck. To make it worst, it is set to the lowest bloody height that i do NOT want. Meanwhile i put in a spacer in my coilovers to raise it a lil bit by opening the coilovers up. It was done by the mechanic, not me. So, now my car looks normal but the spacer sort of gives out some irritating noise while driving, thus making it NOT the solution to this bullshit

SO!! is there anyway to unstuck a coilover? or is there anyway we can purchase 1 coilover from CUSCO japan!!?? I heard soaking the coilover into oil for a few days etc. Pls help me and tell me what i can do. My car looks horrible now!! (((((
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.
    Get a real car then start bragging.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Spray WD40 on the area where the locking ring is. Let it soak in for a while. Then try loosening it again.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTIR
    Hmmmm...

I thought all mechanics should know what WD40 is by now...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Hopefully.
    If it is still stuck, keep it wet with WD-40 for a few hours.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    wire brush the area to get rid of the gunk on the thread
    so the nut can move mite have a rock or sand stuck there
    and like above wd40 to help

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    ^^ And if the above doesn't work, as a last resort, use a hammer to give a light tap on the adjustment spanner.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTIR
    Its just sand or something caught in the threads i reckon. Thats what happened to my coilovers when i had to readjust mine 2 weeks ago. Just add some lubricants and it should be ok, i guess.

Member Array
    Car:
    a bicycle lol
    if WD-40 not good enough try "WURTH - Rost off Ice " its like wd40 but its cold so it drops the temperature of the metal down there for it shrinks so then u can turn the thing to adjust it

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjo5 View Post
    if WD-40 not good enough try "WURTH - Rost off Ice " its like wd40 but its cold so it drops the temperature of the metal down there for it shrinks so then u can turn the thing to adjust it

to bad the ring metal too so it would also shrink.

Not to mention anything uncompressing gets cold
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    hmmm... thanks every1 for quick reply. I tink i am gonna take the whole Coilover out and soak in it WD40 alike substance and hope it becums loosen up..

Will try the ice substance as well. Good idea.

Btw tried WD40 and many other type of degreaser,lubricant etc. Refuse to let go. Even use hammer an hit th adjustment spanner as mentioned already. Took the coilover out as well. Clamp it and tried with 2 ppl to loosen it. FAILED!!

I hope it jus need a good soak in "WD-40" land for a gd 24 hrs before it lets go.

ANY1 with any experience pls post further info.
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1-R View Post
    hmmm... thanks every1 for quick reply. I tink i am gonna take the whole Coilover out and soak in it WD40 alike substance and hope it becums loosen up..

Will try the ice substance as well. Good idea.

Btw tried WD40 and many other type of degreaser,lubricant etc. Refuse to let go. Even use hammer an hit th adjustment spanner as mentioned already. Took the coilover out as well. Clamp it and tried with 2 ppl to loosen it. FAILED!!

I hope it jus need a good soak in "WD-40" land for a gd 24 hrs before it lets go.

ANY1 with any experience pls post further info.
    DON'T SOAK THE WHOLE COILOVER IN WD40!

WD-40 attacks plastics and rubber. So the seals WILL get damaged. Just spray WD-40 on the ring that you are trying to loosen. Spray some on every hour so that the ring stays soaked.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    ok.. i wont soak the whole thing. But my fren soak the coilovers, thread section, into a sort of oil substance and it worked. So i was guessing WD-40 alike substance. We gonna try it out soon, if he replys me. If not i will really be depressed.. haha..

Apparently, the mechanic was rather rough with the coilover and dented a few of the thing that hooks the C spanner on, while trying all he can to loosen that son of a b****. However, a few of that "thing" is still ok and not knocked out of shape. So i guess its still alright? its not that bad but you will easily noticed its whacked. haha.
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..