Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    i was gonna go the route of sub first etc.
    but u'll prob find it better if u get some good 6x9s or 7x10s and put them and a headunit in. u'll get better bass and sound than a stock system. then save for a sub.
    if ur not desperate, look around on popular forums (fast fours, hot4s) in the for sale sections. u can snap up some bargains sometimes. i got a nice pair of kenwood 7x10s 220W 3 way speakers for $25!! the guy need money to pay rego so he was desperate.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    If you are going to get a sub in the end, then stay away from 6x9s and 7x10s, as you could put that money towards a decent pair of 6.5" 2/3 ways.

IF you are going to run the 6x9/7x10s then make sure you run them on high pass, because they produce a very poor bass sound compared to the sub.

Also, in most cars, fitting 6x9s is a 'little' bit more complicated than fitting normal circular speakers.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    yup, absolutely no point in getting 6x9's if you are getting a sub. Get some splits for the front, the rear speakers should be last on the list (i dont even run any, they drag the soundstage backwards when i do).

Stockie speakers can be blown even just from the power of an aftermarket HU

If your on a budget for speaker's, might I suggest a visit to your local Jaycar store.

Lots of people will turn their noses up at Jaycar gear, but I have had an excellent run out of their gear.

My current 2x84w amp, which drives the sub as seen 3 cars, many many miles on dusty country roads, and it still pumps out excellent power.

Their cheapie 3-way 6" car speaker's are great value for the rear, and their hi-quality (thier term!) speaker's are great for up-front.

What are the prices for all your gear at Jaycar?

Just rough figures!
    I wanna compare!

Quote Originally Posted by prelude89
    If your on a budget for speaker's, might I suggest a visit to your local Jaycar store.

Lots of people will turn their noses up at Jaycar gear, but I have had an excellent run out of their gear.

My current 2x84w amp, which drives the sub as seen 3 cars, many many miles on dusty country roads, and it still pumps out excellent power.

Their cheapie 3-way 6" car speaker's are great value for the rear, and their hi-quality (thier term!) speaker's are great for up-front.

i'd have to agree with you there!

i have used a pair of their 2 x 150 amps and was very happy with them..

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    hrmm yea i've heard good things from jaycar...will go visit.

Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C

Just rough figures!
    I wanna compare!

check the jaycar website!

Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    I used to have good friends that worked in the local store, but they all quit en-mass one day because the new ceo (?) was an arsehole.

Now I gots to pay retail

My current system uses a carbon fibre 12" sub driven by their 2x84w amp, a pair of their cheapie car 6" speaker's in the rear, a pair of their hi-quality speaker's in the door's and a pair of their quality tweaters on the dash. All speaker's except the sub are driven by the Alpine head unit.

Sounds good.

I realise it could sound better, but that costs more than I can afford, and I am yet to sit in a car and listen to a 'professional' install, so until that happens, I have nothing to compare it with.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    ive looked at some new jaycar amps, and they rnt that awfully cheap. however for the 4 channel ones i was lookin at, they r decent compare to all the big names.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    IF you are going to run the 6x9/7x10s then make sure you run them on high pass, because they produce a very poor bass sound compared to the sub.
    wat running on a high pass? soz im not really knowlegdable in audio but yeh.
    how would i go about doin that?