Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro boat
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecrx View Post
    hey gtrv like i said above it is a 91 model sir crx, b16a
    the tyres are the second hand ones of the mini challenge cars. they are dunlop slicks215/45/17.

hey kyle how you been mate you need to get back out hondas are getting big out there. i have not done anything to the motor still using 2 litres of oil a race meet. just spent a lot of time on car set up with massive camber front and back.
    Are the DUNLOP's you're using a full slick or a semi ?
    Hipower Racing EG - 60.82 !!! QR Sprint course
    My EG4 + JDM B18C powered Civic SOLD !

Mini Challenge uses full slicks.... congrats on time.
    DLUG Racing

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    yeah full slicks.
    thanks speedcore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    will my car get on the list.thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro boat
    will my car get on the list.thanks
    I think this needs to go to a general vote.

As QR Sprints does not allow the use of full slicks, other competitors who are chasing points will report you if they find you're running them.

So given that, should full slick times be posted on the board ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    i thought i saw him in the top gear sprints??
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRVspec95 View Post
    I think this needs to go to a general vote.

As QR Sprints does not allow the use of full slicks, other competitors who are chasing points will report you if they find you're running them.

So given that, should full slick times be posted on the board ?
    Am i really reading this, at the top of the page on my computer it says i am on oz honda not queenslands raceways page. in saying that what does that have to do with putting my times on oz honda. Is there a problem with a shitty looking car doing his own thing while doing quick times on here.

For the record took semis (toyos R888) on the weekend to prove a point that maybe the green thing with a flogged out b16a is pretty quick. with track times down as far as i beleave she did 61.8. who needs full slicks to be fast sorry i cant aford semi slick.

eg5civic yeah you would of seen me there to.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    Queensland Raceway Rules for Competition in Sprints Events.

SAS Meets - Slicks not Permitted
    WAS Meets - Any Tyre
    Lakeside Open Sprints - Any Tyre
    Lakeside Street Sprints - Slicks not Permitted
    Topgear Sprint Series - Any Tyre

I hope i have covered all the sprints events, personally i run semi's in all those events. Semi's work out at about 5-10% cheaper than slicks on average. The big thing is that you will probably only get 2 meets out of slicks, whereas semi's you will get somewhere between 4 - 7 meets.

In theory, slicks should be giving you a fair bit quicker time. Looking at the 2nd hand slicks that brenden uses, you can easily see why his times with new semis where almost the same. The rubber on the slicks was hard and shiny, totally stuffed, but they still had rubber left on them.

I guess as long as the tyre used should be recorded in the records. And i do think that it can be a good indicator of the diference in track time achieved by using slicks. Most cams events will not let you run full slicks unless you have a harness and a roll cage. AASA don't have the same ruling.

In the future, if i continue developing my DC5R, on some meets, I will be running full slicks. Fresh ones though. At this stage, there is no sense in running them as the camber is not correct to do so, the slicks would be wastes. Once the camber is sorted, then they will be used.
    [B]†ÎM؃Ÿ†Î†§(%)
    One To Pin DC5R (12PIN) 183.8kW@wheels of 2.15L TODA POWER
    60.97s @ QR Clubman on DZ03G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)
    58.54s @ Lakeside Raceway on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)
    59.03s @ QR Sprints on DZ02G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro boat
    Am i really reading this, at the top of the page on my computer it says i am on oz honda not queenslands raceways page. in saying that what does that have to do with putting my times on oz honda. Is there a problem with a shitty looking car doing his own thing while doing quick times on here.

For the record took semis (toyos R888) on the weekend to prove a point that maybe the green thing with a flogged out b16a is pretty quick. with track times down as far as i beleave she did 61.8. who needs full slicks to be fast sorry i cant aford semi slick.

eg5civic yeah you would of seen me there to.
    The majority of times recorded for the QR sprints are based on SAS results so all of the competitors ran under the Saturday rules.

We've just never had anyone run with full slicks before, which can reset the goal post a good second or more.

We've seen an even shittier condition SiR run into the 59's with suspension work, stripped out and running RE55S, so no we have no problems with people running fast times with Honda's.

But if no one objects to times being posted with full slicks I can post it up.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    still dont understand as you are running times for clubman track as it is not a sas track.
    anyway there is a time up there from when i had semis on for a start. also did 105.6 on clubman.
    what about mr hondas race crx i drive as it is not road worthy is it alloued up here.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    Is anyone keen to hit the track and challenge these times?
    [B]†ÎM؃Ÿ†Î†§(%)
    One To Pin DC5R (12PIN) 183.8kW@wheels of 2.15L TODA POWER
    60.97s @ QR Clubman on DZ03G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)
    58.54s @ Lakeside Raceway on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)
    59.03s @ QR Sprints on DZ02G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    crx
    to right tim we need some more honda power out there.