Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question about 2006 Honda Civic VTi

Hey guys!

Ok so i have a Civic Vti. It has a 2.0L I-Vtec engine (straight 4-cylinder).

Now ive had this car for over a year now and am at uni and have a bunch of cash saved up. I REALLY love my car and want to push its output to max if i can .

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas or hints on modifications that are possible on this type of engine as you all are experts and i really have no idea of what i am able to do to the engine of this car and wat i should not do, the last thing i want to do is destroy wat is already a beautiful piece of machinery .

P.S. If you have any tips on who i should talk to about this stuff i would love the advice

(Also if i have posted in the wrong place or there is already a topic about this i apologise in advance and will delete this post when told )

Thx.

Luke

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1! Black warriorrrrrrrr
    First of all, the only Civic 06> that has the "2.0l I-VTEC" engine is the civic sport

and if you have a Vti model its the 1.8L R18

...in terms of maxing out its power...the only way to get anysort of real world breathtaking highly noticeably power gains is through ...either turbo charging..supercharging..or k20 swap (inwhich then..u should of just bought the sport in the first place for that)

nonetheless...if you don't have the sort of $$$ for the t/c..s/c...then there is always intake for starters...and i don't know if there are headers yet made for the R18 ..let alone s/c or t/c..but search is your friend

Haha as i said i know pretty much nothing about civics, this car was bought for me as a present by my parents (have to pay it off gradually :P). [i feel really really stupid now btw lol]

hmmm do u have any idea how much t/c / s/c's cost on a R18? Or who i might be able to talk to about it?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    For the R18A, you won't gain much power from bolt on mods. You can't even change the header. Changing to a pod filter can cause a CEL to come on. Forced induction is the way to go, but there isn't a full ECU available for the R18A yet. Since you can't change the headers easily, there isn't an easy header swap to run the turbo.
    Last edited by aaronng; 04-12-2007 at 06:12 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

so prob my best bet is to wait and hope that they release some new parts for the R18 in the future?

Check this guys website out. He has a FD2 and has probably done more mods to the engine than anyone on this forum with a FD has. I also think hes a member on ozhonda so he could definately help you out with performance parts. Downside is, he is not located in Aus, so hence the availability of local parts is limited.

http://www.hondacivic-fd2.com/

Quote from his blog:
    " Things I am doing:

* Heat Shield for my Air Intake
    * Change Air Intake Filter to HKS Mega Flow ( Mushroom Head)
    * Heat Shield Wrap
    * Customize Header . Extractor
    * Customize Exhaust Piping
    * HKS High Flow Muffler
    * D2 Suspension (2 Way with Pillow Mount)
    * Rear Anti Roll Var Upgrade, Ultra Racing 19mm
    * Skimming & Balancing of Flywheel 1.48kg reduce
    * Exedy Clutch Set
    * DC5 Final Drive 4.7
    * HKS VPro Tuning
    * Camcon Tuning "

He also has a dyno sheet on there. Hope this helps a bit.
    Last edited by Jo_e; 04-12-2007 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the site. lol

lol, after spending money on all those mods, thats probably equivalent to another civic vti

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo_e View Post
    Check this guys website out. He has a FD2 and has probably done more mods to the engine than anyone on this forum with a FD has. I also think hes a member on ozhonda so he could definately help you out with performance parts. Downside is, he is not located in Aus, so hence the availability of local parts is limited.
    An FD2 doesn't have the R18A engine. The threadstarter is limited by the engine design.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    For the R18A, you won't gain much power from bolt on mods. You can't even change the header. Changing to a pod filter can cause a CEL to come on. Forced induction is the way to go, but there isn't a full ECU available for the R18A yet. Since you can't change the headers easily, there isn't an easy header swap to run the turbo.
    so for now, i cant really do much to boost performance until more parts are released for the R18A?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by NewCivicOwner View Post
    so for now, i cant really do much to boost performance until more parts are released for the R18A?
    For now, you can do intake and exhaust. There should be a few aftermarket ECUs out there that can manage the R18A for turbo applications, but they are not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    For now, you can do intake and exhaust. There should be a few aftermarket ECUs out there that can manage the R18A for turbo applications, but they are not cheap.
    Thankyou very much man, i really appreciate all the hints from you all. Just one last thing, you wouldnt have any names of places i can go to find out prices would u? Like my best idea would be somewhere like AutObarn lol , so any ideas would be much appreciated again

Thx

Luke

lol autobarn. autobarn is only good for getting car care products, certain accessories (e.g. neons), and sometimes they have specials on audio products. I wouldnt recommend getting an exhaust system from there. Not sure about their intake system.

For a Civic FD, i myself have one too, you can have a look at getting a mugen muffler or the Fujitsubo catback system. If you want to customize an exhaust, go for REMUS or MAGNAFLOW. For cheaper alternative, go XFORCE. But those ones require cutting and welding. There are other brands out there, but thats what i recommend.
    For intakes, not sure as i havent looked into them. I only bought myself a K&N air filter. Waiting for the Mugen airbox to drop in price and maybe ill consider. But its unlikely it will