Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks mate! I'll look into it.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    I have never looked into adding a cooler to my manual transmission mainly because I'd have the minor hassel of having to add a pump. Auto transmissions, generally, already come with a crude cooler from the factory. Again, I have never looked into how effective they are. It will just look like a metal loop. If you trace it back to the transmission you just remove the factory one and replace it with a larger, finned cooler and run the hoses to the front of the car. But make sure it isn't one of those 'tube and fin' (aka snake, s) coolers as they do nothing. 'Plate and fin' is where the results are.
    So I just replace the factory cooler (metal loop) with a 'plate and fin' cooler?
    Is that correct? Where can I source this from plz?

Started a new thread about this as it should benefit others:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...39#post1466039
    Last edited by beeza; 12-12-2007 at 11:04 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Ok so what is a good engine oil and Automatic Transmission Oil to use for the track in my 96 EK1 Civic Sedan plz.

Is there a floor jack at the track to swap ya wheels or is it DIY'er?
    And if you took your backseat,sub out at the track + wheels.Is there a place to store them?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Ok so what is a good engine oil and Automatic Transmission Oil to use for the track in my 96 EK1 Civic Sedan plz.

Is there a floor jack at the track to swap ya wheels or is it DIY'er?
    And if you took your backseat,sub out at the track + wheels.Is there a place to store them?
    damn... just have a set of semis... the night before, wack them on, rip out your seats and just drive down in the morning.. its heaps easier than changing the wheels.

I have heard stories at wakie where wheels went missing... scares me
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Are semi's Ok to drive on the road for 4-5hrs (2-2.5hrs there and back)?
    The back seat will only be there if friends come up.I'll leave the sub at home,don't want it gettin' stolen if there no where secure to leave it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    ^^^yes they will

ive drivin to winton with friends and the tyres on his car look like they still new.

thats a 4hr drive there, tracked, 4 hrs drive home. still looks in good condition

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    ^^ as above.... helll sometimes i get too lazy to change wheels and end up driving with semis for a few weeks ahahah
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Oh sweet,thanks guys

Account Disabled Array
    just remember to pump them to recommended PSI and they should be fine for street driving. Remember to buy semi's slick that are DOT approved.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks Benson!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '93 EG1 PRO-JECT
    can anyone comment on over inflating the tires for track days?, ive never been to the track but wud think over inflating (ie above recommended psi) would be distorting the contact patch and just adding pressure to the sidewalls, then when the tires heat up the air in them expands increasing the pressure >_<. so im wondering if anyone can comment on noticeable traction improving when theyve over inflated?
    on FWD it myt be alryt over inflating the rear a little but as for the front id say let em warm up? but im no race engineer comments?
    14.7psi = atmospheric pressure at sea level = NA!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce View Post
    Im using solid torque mounts as well. My seat vibrates so much it tickles the back of my balls lol

If you're using street tyres, get them up to around 38 - 40psi - Cold.
    If you're using semi, you'd want around 34psi~36psi Hot, so you could start around 30 psi.

The side walls on a street tyre isn't as rigid as a semi, so you'd want more air in to minimise flexing.
    MFactory Competition Products