Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

How to gain more torque, without spending shitloads?

Hey guys, just wondering what mods do i have to do to my jdc2r to gain more torque?

cheers =)

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    With good I/H/E and well tuned ECU you'll get the best out of the internally stock engine and gain some torque, but to get significant increases then it starts to get expensive ie. stroke, cams, forced induction, do you have a budget to work with?

Perhaps try a lower final drive...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by dslt View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering what mods do i have to do to my jdc2r to gain more torque?

cheers =)
    JUN stroker kit. Very expensive though. ~ 10K.

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 DC2R
    Final drive, clutch and fly will free some up at the wheels along with a little better response. Final drive is best bang for buck, it doesn't actually increase torque at the fly but multiplies it. You will be revving higher and spending more on fuel but that oh so torquey midrange feeling is great.
    My order's simple... a sh*#load of dim sims and a bucket of soya sauce.
    Low cost mod: Filled my car with helium balloons. Power to weight biaaaaatch!

You won't gain torque but your car will feel more responsive when you reduce the weight of the car.

Alternatively, if you've got a couple of grand to spend, a turbo kit will be the best bet to increase torque.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    serious increases in torque cannot be had without either turbo or increase in displacement.

Like wanting more "hp/kw" - why does the thread starter want more torque ? Where ? all thru teh rev range or just at VTEC or where ?

Without spending heaps , the best way to make your car be quicker (IE more pep) is to remove weight from the static and dynamic parts. IE interior , smaller/lighter wheels/flywheel etc. This will make the car "quicker"

Final Drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    advance ignition timing?
    *shrug*

Member Array
    Car:
    MX83 cressida
    You want power for cheap

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    i wouldn't call it cheap in the long run unless you have some secret numbers people don't know (since you need a dyno and/or tuner) but getting cam gears for their measly price and SAFELY increasing overlap will give you torque and adjust to the rev range you want it at too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    MX83 cressida
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    i wouldn't call it cheap in the long run unless you have some secret numbers people don't know (since you need a dyno and/or tuner) but getting cam gears for their measly price and SAFELY increasing overlap will give you torque and adjust to the rev range you want it at too...
    Yeah, i know, i'm only half serious...
    But when people talk bout getting power for cheap, there is always going to be a compromise, if you are chasing power, your budget will always go out the door in the end!!