Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG8 Civic

Rnb & Gangsta Rap....best Speakers/amps To Use

i wasnt sure if this was thread tried searchin but found nothing

i was reading one on HARDSTYLES n shit but that didnt reli help me

what would be the best way to go about getting loud music and good bass pumpin out of a 94 civic sedan....atm im running stock 6 inch speakers in front, 6.5 inch alpine type S 2 way speakers in the rear, Alpine V12 Amp & A 12 Inch Sub

to be honest bass is nice as is but its not loud enough

what would u ppl recommend strictly for R&B music

apprecaite that

my budget is about $1000 on speakers n amps ETC

WTB: DRAGONBALL Z DVD'S (USED)

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    my first suggestion for a good bass is to sound proof the front door, parcel shelf and boot area... that probably cost you around $300-400 depending on the material used..

listen to the sound after that and then upgrade your gear... btw, what sub are u running now?

for loud bass I found kicker CVR12 gives out tight and deep bass... good for RnB music. Other sub I've heard good for RnB is the Rockford T1 series. Basically if u want loud bass go for american designed subs... but this is from personal experience, others may say different..

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    With the sub,flip the speaker over and screw it down upside down.Then switch the wires that run to the sub,i.e + to - and - to +.And make sure there a breather hole in the sub.
    By doing that you will get a deeper,punchier bass sound.So much better.All I listen to in the car is Hip hop,RnB.90% 2 Pac
    Like dis Yo!:

My car is a 96 civic sedan and unless your crazy about bass,one 12" is enough.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    umm i have a 12 inch alpine type x sub and a mrd1005 v12 monoblock amp both alpine and its all pretty good except the pricing maybe if u got the type r sub with a more appropriate amp for it you could reach within your budget im quite sure, secondly i have a sealed box :|

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG8 Civic
    lol i pretty much got the bass covered i am happy with it...im running a pioneer sub im not sure what my sisters boyfriend gave it to me its really bassy good for rnb...my real prob is the loudness...its just doesnt sound loud enough maybe im deaf from listening to music too loud all these years but u kno i gotta put my headunit up to 38 or 39(highest it goes is 40) just to get some sort of loudness...

would splits be the difference here? as ive only got stock 6 inchs in the front

WTB: DRAGONBALL Z DVD'S (USED)

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I'm no expert but sounds like you may need a more powerful amp OR 2 amp's.Then get someone to tune it.

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    Hertz HSK165
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    With the sub,flip the speaker over and screw it down upside down.Then switch the wires that run to the sub,i.e + to - and - to +.And make sure there a breather hole in the sub.
    Inverting a sub will make no difference to a subs' sound. Newton's third law dictates this. The only possible difference is created by an increase in enclosure volume due to the motor structure and magnet no longer displacing volume within the enclosure (this difference will be negligible). Mounting inverted is for looks only (I'm not suggesting this is a bad thing, I had my sub mounted inverted for quite some time).

You can't just punch a hole in a random box... You need to properly tune a specified size sub box with a particular diameter and length port to achieve optimal performance.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_vtec View Post
    lol i pretty much got the bass covered i am happy with it...im running a pioneer sub im not sure what my sisters boyfriend gave it to me its really bassy good for rnb...my real prob is the loudness...its just doesnt sound loud enough maybe im deaf from listening to music too loud all these years but u kno i gotta put my headunit up to 38 or 39(highest it goes is 40) just to get some sort of loudness...

would splits be the difference here? as ive only got stock 6 inchs in the front

what pioneer sub is it and how many watts are you feeding it?
    Also is the box made to spec or did you just use any old box?

get a multimeter and check the voltage your amp is getting. could be the case of bad wiring/earth not feeding the amp enough volts.

if everything is in order and you just want more loudness... get a bigger amp and a better sub... id max

ps. splits wouldnt do much good in your case as rnb/rap is more towards sub bass than mid bass.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by micka View Post
    Inverting a sub will make no difference to a subs' sound. Newton's third law dictates this. The only possible difference is created by an increase in enclosure volume due to the motor structure and magnet no longer displacing volume within the enclosure (this difference will be negligible). Mounting inverted is for looks only (I'm not suggesting this is a bad thing, I had my sub mounted inverted for quite some time).

You can't just punch a hole in a random box... You need to properly tune a specified size sub box with a particular diameter and length port to achieve optimal performance.
    It definately made mine a deeper punchier sound.It's louder too.I just put a 6cm hole with the normal black plastic thing you use from jaycar.All good

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    i love the "She'll be right" attitude
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Fark Yeh