Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3

MB quart speaker problemm

ok, so about a week ago i bought a set of mb quart component speakers.
    i installed them and for 3 days didnt crank it up much. I dont have subs in my car atm so its all on normal. and the bass is up on maxx.

i decided to crank it and the right speaker can handle the bass pretty good, but the left speaker keeps popping and farting like its popped or something. so i took off the doortrim an inspected it, but nothing was visibly damaged.

i took it down to the lifestyle store install shop to check it out, and told the guy wat was happening and what he did was basically not understand the problem. he just put it on high pass and tuned it so it didnt pop.

im just curious if there is something wrong with the speaker? or the connections were wrong? cos i still have the warranty on the speaker if its faulty, even though i dont think the install guy is gonna admit it was a faulty product(if it was)

wat could possibly be the problem with the speaker?

A reasonable amount of volume shouldnt do that to your new speaker. Take it back to the shop, explain whats happening to that speaker, dont let him connect the speaker to a high pass connection, just the normal speaker out of the head unit. the speaker out of the head unit will connect to the x-over, just make sure that the speaker be connected to lowpass. You run the show for him, so the sales staff will understand the problem, otherwise you go home with the same speaker. Good luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    i tried tellin them the first time and they put it on high pass.
    ima go back next time i see wat they do.. agen..lols
    if its under warranty and the speaker cone was blown or somethign would they replace it? or is it not under warranty to cover that?

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    sounds like fried coils... but yeah, dont let them settle u with high pass settings

They always use the high pass setting to mask the problem of the speaker, who knows, they've probably sold that to a customer and returned coz of the problem, then sold it to you. Dont wait things like this needs to be dealt ASAP, the longer you dont talk to them, the lesser chance for you to get a replacement speaker, ask for a replacement. Just tell them its a dud speaker, tell them as soon as its been all hooked up to your head unit, thats the first sound you heard from that speaker. And always accept a sealed box as its a sign that it has never been used. You can tell the difference if the box/speaker has been opened. Go now and get a replacement, talk to the manager. Good luck! Let us know the outcome.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    In my experience when I had a dud component from Lifestyle, the guy called Micky from the workshop got me a new component once he identified it. This was after 3 or 4 visits to the workshop because we could never replicate the problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    it was a connection error.. =="
    and also cos mb quarts cant handle bass, like the 6x9 distorts on bass
    and so does my splits.
    only using it on normal atm cos i dont have subs.
    when i chuck the subs back in, then it'll be sweet