Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    And I thought the longest turbo/FMIC/IM piping length I would ever see was on a SW20 with the piping running through the middle of the cabin.....
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE View Post
    And I thought the longest turbo/FMIC/IM piping length I would ever see was on a SW20 with the piping running through the middle of the cabin.....
    o_0
    sw20... fmic... using those two in the same sentence already deserves a wtf...
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    ahahaha yeah imagine it in the rain through a puddle.... whisp whispp.. its not the BOV its just the turbo letting off steam
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    theres an ford ba xr8 ute here in melb that runs the turbo set up like this but i dont think his turbos are that far back more to the middle of the car. His run a 10sec pass on stock motor with a setup like this running 2 small turbos. My gf's uncle spoke to him about the setup but cant remember what he said about it but ill ask him again...

Member Array
    Car:
    VX II SS, 75 HJ 355
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    theres an ford ba xr8 ute here in melb that runs the turbo set up like this but i dont think his turbos are that far back more to the middle of the car. His run a 10sec pass on stock motor with a setup like this running 2 small turbos. My gf's uncle spoke to him about the setup but cant remember what he said about it but ill ask him again...
    That's common, most turbo kits for newer Commodores and Falcons have the turbos mounted down where the cats are.

I've driven a Clubsport a rear mounted turbo - 400rwkw, virtually no lag, ****in hauled. Wouldn't dismiss the idea without actually researching it

the good thing about having a turbo setup like this is u dont need a custom manfold made
    BUT the down side is... because the turbo is so far away from the engine the exhaust gas takes alot more time to get into the exhaust housing to spool up the turbo which means u will notice its more laggy
    the upside is the engine will have more top end because there is less back pressure in the exhaust system

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by STR8E180 View Post
    the good thing about having a turbo setup like this is u dont need a custom manfold made
    BUT the down side is... because the turbo is so far away from the engine the exhaust gas takes alot more time to get into the exhaust housing to spool up the turbo which means u will notice its more laggy
    the upside is the engine will have more top end because there is less back pressure in the exhaust system
    depends on the system. on some systems there may be more backpressure/exhaust reversion as the vacuum would probably prefer to fill up with the closer exhaust gases than the boosted air that has to travel the whole length of the car - twice.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    this was a hot topic on the evo forums..
    apparently.. it works better than the conventional turbo setups
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy