Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...

Brake Pads TYPES?

I have went down to the local brake shop and the guy recommended me a gd budget peformance brake pads. They are BENDIX brake pads ultimate. He said it offer gd street performance.

I noe big brands like ENDLESS are good. EBC pretty gd as well. However, with my say 90kw-100kw EK4 civic, do I really nid to go big brands endless etc or would this BENDIX top of range do the job? Any1 with experience?
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.
    Get a real car then start bragging.

the bendix pads will do the job

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    bendix pads are not too bad depending which ones u get. i've ordered a set of ceramic ones (top of the line im fairly sure) as well as DBA slotted rotors for the front. all for $250 there was a stuff up with the recent supercheap auto catalogue. RRP is $650 for rotors and pads. savin $400, woot!

The bendix will do the job in your car, but the other brands are a better pad, so it comes down to what you use your car for?

Daily and nothing else = Bendix
    Daily with occasional track day = EPC Green or equivalent

I'd say you just use the car as a daily as most people do, and if its a nice clean car you might wanna get something with less brake dust! as it can make a mess of your wheels, i don't really know what the ultimates are like for dust but i currently have a a set of Race Brakes RB74 and i have found them to be a very low dust pad compared to the equivalent brands (EPC, ect) but they are very squeaky
    Lets do Racing

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    ive read somewhere the only downside of Bendix Ultimates are that they eat up your rotors? and they arent the best on the track.

I got a set of Ferodo DS2500's a couple of months ago and they are fantastic fantastic pads... pricey, and VERY dusty, but great stopping power even when cold

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Do EBC Green Pads dust?

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    not as much as the ferodos, but they are an abrasive pad (from what i read and researched) as such they chew up your rotors

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    That's not good.I was gonna buy them on that deal that was recently on here.Now I'm concerned...

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    just remember it is all relative mate... some people really like them, its best to do all of your research...

Depending on the type or driver you are and what you use the car for you may not experience such issues...

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Cheers Zilli.I rarely drive my car hard but next year I will be hitting the track so I'm gearing it up for that.