Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro

convert auto to man

whats the cost to convert auto to a manual? or would it be cheaper to just get the car thats already manual?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    definately cheaper to just buy the car in manual..

You will need a trans/shift linkage/cluster/clutch pedal. Not sure if theres also wiring you will need to work with.

Not to mention the amount of man hours involved. The labour would be very expensive.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    hey dude.. what engine do you have?

best thing is, issit really worth it investing cash onto that engine? for a transmission change... i would actually just suggest to do a complete engine conversion.. might be abit more.. but not a big gap.. if your refering to your GLI.. do an engien conversion to b16/18c

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    well i was thinking of either selling the car and get a manual one. was thinking of doing a b16 still not sure what the big gap $$ to do it on a auto. was looking towards a half cut.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    u get an engine conversion.. assuming its manuall..

it should have everything.. will need shift linkage and ECU and few bits and pieces.. but if u get a half cut.. u will be set ;D GL with decision! if u got cash go for the k series

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    you much better off selling your car esp auto gli should be easy enough to sell to someone who has to have an auto car and likes to have efi as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    your user name says it all lazyme. Try using the search button this has been covered so many times.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    EXPO2ED has a good point. It will more than likely cost as much as an engine swap inc. a man conversion so you would be better upgrading the engine at the same time if you were to do this.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by IZY-10 View Post
    your user name says it all lazyme. Try using the search button this has been covered so many times.
    ease up chief, the time you spend writing that you couldve helped the bro out and linked him to something useful.

to the OP: yeah i dont think its worth the effort unless you're really really attached to your car.
    ++ mrwillz fan club ++

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    well i see how it goes through the yea but i more than likely looking towards the ek vti-r and getting the hang of man, thanks alot

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX