Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole

wat springs should i go for?

hi people... i ve got a 99 civic sedan ...a GLI.. and i m lookin for springs to lower and car as well as better handling... any suggestions???

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    just get some super low king springs, simple and easily done.
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    how low do u want to go dude?

Member Array
    Car:
    EU3 CIVIC
    low springs doesnt equal good handling.... really depending on how low you wanna go, an how much you wanna spend.

Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by RedEu
    low springs doesnt equal good handling.... really depending on how low you wanna go, an how much you wanna spend.
    thats right dude...if u lower abit...like 1inch or so...it should handle better, however if u just change ur springs and leave ur shocks to standard...it won't be good, if anything...you'll be very bouncy coz ur shocks ain't playing properly.(this is if u go low low) IMO

l'm using merwede springs, and they dropped me bout 1inch - 1.5 all round.
    handles better than stock on corners (smooth corners) but when it comes to bump roads/bumpy corners, the car feeels abit unstable. Less body roll, but feels nervous.

my 2 cents

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Coupe
    my car was on the kings superlows running on stock 14", handling was a lot better than standard height. But with any lowered springs it is a little more bumpy, but i had padders on my previous car and they were bumpy as, imo.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    i m more like into performance dan looks...but my budget is very tight .. so just not sure wat to go for... i used to have apexi progressive spring alone with KYB damper adjustable shocks on my ex car (em1 b16a).. and i cant complain about them, but its gone with the car ages ago ... and i heard that kings r quite nasty... is that true??

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    i have eibach prokit on my car, they lower 35mm and i noticed quite a good improvement in handling characteristics, the ride is also pretty good, not too bumpy, as they are a progressive spring as well

Member Array
    Car:
    ED gl saloon
    man if you want better handling go for the springs and shocks but also an anti sway bar would help. i think thats what theyre called i cant remember but i know what i am talking about....someone vouch?

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    anyone goin to sell me some nice springs??

Member Array
    Car:
    ED gl saloon
    dont mean to be a dikc but have you checked the for sale section??? alternatively posted up in wanted to buy???????????? IMO

Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    lols mytoy

yeah.. you can also getta rear sway bar which really helps. I've got one on my EG from whiteline and it does help