Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro 04
    really, wouldnt have guessed that. i wonder how the dome lights are connected electrically to the unit.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 manual honda euro
    Quote Originally Posted by blk05gli View Post
    all sorted now, the fuse that trips first when there is a short is the dome interior light fuse. replaced that and its all good now.

cheers
    to be honest with you....im actualli realli scared of blowing fuses as i never have any spares and i hate looking for the right fuse. thats why i will always disconect the bateries when i work on these sorta stuff. =p the first time i installed an aftermarket head unit in my mums ford falcon i blew lik 4 different fuses and being a noob bak then i didnt kno, centerconsole, interior lights, power windows and a few more all went dead. took the car to jb-hifi and the guy takes a loook and he just laughed at me lol....oh well i have learnt my lesson

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    by making mistakes, its how we learn mate.

Also, the batt was disconnected, it all went wrong on power up :-)

all good now though.

06 Euro Lux 5AT Graphite Mods: K&N Panel Filter -sold

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by hish View Post
    really, wouldnt have guessed that. i wonder how the dome lights are connected electrically to the unit.
    I accidentally wired up the wrong wire for batt +ve. It is the pink wire for future reference, not the yellow one (this is for the interior lights, hence the blown fuse).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro 04
    hey guys im still having trouble with my head unit + amp
    i cant seem to get rid of the engine noise, to make it worse i can even hear the blinkers through the amp. at first i thought it may be the amp being my mates old amp but i even tried it with another amp n still da same problem. if i connect it on 2 channel i only get left back speaker working but the engine noise seems to disappear. so now im really confuse

any more ideas before this turns me bald???

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    how is your amp grounded? By in my younger years, there used to be a product called the ground loop isolator which removed some noise. also, old school condensor caps sometimes also worked, though don't know how effective they are with modern car electrical systems :-)

also, there is nothing wrong with being bald

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro Cl9
    Ive currently got a pair of focals 165vb component speakers (65mm depth and 6.5inch width) which are hitting the frame of the door and was wondering if neone ideas if i can fit them in with just a spacer and not hit inner door trim.

or would i have tin snip the door, or would i have to shave the inner door plastic inorder to fit them in..

if neones that has done this before, plz let me know cuz i know Eurosteves done it but not sure how exactli how he did it since his pics are down

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004 Model
    best way i found to get rid of the engine noise was the line in converter i have a stinger converter which converts the high frequency inputs to RCA inputs for the amplifier. this eliminated all disturbances i had from the speakers. along with real good groundings.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro 04
    Quote Originally Posted by crinchi View Post
    Ive currently got a pair of focals 165vb component speakers (65mm depth and 6.5inch width) which are hitting the frame of the door and was wondering if neone ideas if i can fit them in with just a spacer and not hit inner door trim.

or would i have tin snip the door, or would i have to shave the inner door plastic inorder to fit them in..

if neones that has done this before, plz let me know cuz i know Eurosteves done it but not sure how exactli how he did it since his pics are down
    ebay has a wide selection of spacers that fit in perfectly, i got mines from ebay america. cost me less then $15 shipped here
    jayb has MDF spacers that will also do the job

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro Cl9
    Quote Originally Posted by hish View Post
    ebay has a wide selection of spacers that fit in perfectly, i got mines from ebay america. cost me less then $15 shipped here
    jayb has MDF spacers that will also do the job
    thanks hish i know u can get spacers from ebay but just wanted to know before i by all teh spacers and stuff if the speakers gonna fit in between teh door trim and the door itself cuz atm.. i need something like a 25+mm spacer im scared its gonna stick out too much that the door trims not gonna fit back in.. if so mite have to grind the door

cuz in the states (http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29887) this guy has the same speakers or pretti much the same and he claims he had to snip teh doors.. where as eurosteve i think didnt have to so im sorta trying hard not to snip the doors and leaving that as a last choice

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro 04
    well i put in alpine type r speakers and they fitted in well. they were a deep set of speakers esp when placed next to stock. im sorry but i dont have the box to give u dimensions but im sure it could be found online. maybe just buy a pair of the mdf spacer from jb, there like $10 for the pair n try it b4 u order in proper spacers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury 04
    i just bought the double din fascia part (08B06-SDE-700) and have yet to have a chance to look at it properly and install it...

I was wondering if i could use the supplied BUS cable as a link from the AUX port on the original and wire it up to my new head unit so I dont have to play around with the original wiring harness?