Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroSteve View Post
    I've sent them an email, awaiting response. I hope they do!

S.
    UPDATE: Three US dealers I emailed have responded and all WONT ship to Aus. Looks like Honda have some strict rules preventing US dealers shipping parts to Aus. (I guess that makes sense).

Anyway, i've executed Plan B. I've called in a favour from a mate living in the US, and he's going to buy one and ship it over. US$56...not bad!

Now that i've solved the fascia problem...time to find a touchscreen! The adventure continues....

S.

Quick question for those still monitoring this thread (I didn't think it was worth starting another).

One thing I forgot to ask the seller when I bought my Euro was; what is the radio security code?

However, looking through the manual, I see no reference to a security code, do the 05' Euro Lux.'s have one?

Thanks,
    Steve

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Nope. Pulled my stereo out in those pics, just plugged it back in and set the clock, all good.

Double DIN kit has arrived!!

Hi All,

Got the double din kit today from Honda in the US. I've just finished trial fitting it and it fits perfectly!

Here's a photo of the complete contents of the kit:

Here's a few photos of my dismanteled console and the fascia trial fitted:

I dissembled my console following these instructions,
    http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord/04audio.pdf
    and this video,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xm8b4WXCmQ

and finally, this is what i'm thinking of installing, the Infill G4:

More info here -> http://www.infill.co.kr/english/product/g4_feature.asp

Anybody had or heard of any experiences with the G4's??

S.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury
    cool, looks interesting! Show us the final setups when its done..

I've always hated that little compartment at the bottom of the accord euro, didn't find any use for it.. i guess now it's possible.

The G4 has ARRIVED!!

So far i'm very impressed! I'll post more info in the next few days, but for the time being, check out these photos.

I'm still waiting for a few parts to arrive before installing it, so i'll be bench testing it for a while yet. Let me know if you have any questions!

S.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ATT41 - Black 6speed Euro
    is the g4 a multi CD stacker?

Looks nice, can't wait to see the finished look.

____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝

Quote Originally Posted by cutchorama View Post
    is the g4 a multi CD stacker?

Looks nice, can't wait to see the finished look.
    It's not a multi CD stacker, but it does have a DVD (~= 6 CD's) drive and a 40GB (upgradable) hard drive for playing MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC, etc

CD's are soo yesterday ;-P

S.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 & 07 Euro
    Hey EuroSteve,

Sounds like a good project - a bit off topic but I'd be interested in how you end up integrating the G4 with the OEM audio system (or run the two systems in parallel?).

Stuff like:
    • You gonna integrate with the AUX input on the OEM system using line-outs or use the amplified outputs on the G4 itself out to your speakers? (btw - anybody know how to enable the AUX feature on an OEM system without MP3 option?)
    • Will you integrate volume etc. controls on steering wheel with G4? I know it comes with a remote, but would be neat if you could still use steering controls to at least adjust volume.
    • You running separate monitor(s) for DVD, GPS, engine management etc.?

Was planning a custom jobbie in '08 using the compact VIA motherboards (yup, I have geeky roots!) but this product seems to be a comparatively neater solution for a few extra $$$. Feel free to PM if not relevant here...

Anyhoo, hope the install goes well.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Feel free to PM if not relevant here...
    Please keep it in this thread, I'm interested too!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroSteve View Post
    It's not a multi CD stacker, but it does have a DVD (~= 6 CD's) drive and a 40GB (upgradable) hard drive for playing MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC, etc

CD's are soo yesterday ;-P

S.
    Wonder how long the hard drive would last with my Tein Flex and crappy Sydney roads....
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Smile

(I'll keep it all in this thread, but if a mod is listening, maybe alter the thread title to something like "Double DIN for Euro? (installing an Infill G4)")

Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Hey EuroSteve,

Sounds like a good project - a bit off topic but I'd be interested in how you end up integrating the G4 with the OEM audio system (or run the two systems in parallel?).
    To be honest, I hadn't really planned out this project all that well. Initially the idea was for the G4 to feed into the OEM audio system's AUX In (via this adapter http://car2pc.com/products.html and a Line Output Converter (The G4 doesn't have line level outputs).

However, during my research I got distracted by after market speakers and amps, and ended up ordering some. So now the OEM system really isn't needed.

Stuff like:[*]You gonna integrate with the AUX input on the OEM system using line-outs or use the amplified outputs on the G4 itself out to your speakers? (btw - anybody know how to enable the AUX feature on an OEM system without MP3 option?)
    Now that i've got an amp. and speakers coming, there's really no need for the OEM system. The audio quality from the G4 is pretty good, I expected worse since computers generate alot of EMI and on-board audio codecs are never really that good, but I was pleasently surprised. If you put your ear to the speakers, you can hear a very small amount of hiss and noise when the HDD is working, but for your average user, it's very good. (Mind you, this is all still on the bench. I'm not sure how the G4 will handle the noise inside the Euro's dash...)

For me, the audio quality is not quite good enough given the $$ i'm spending on speakers and the amp. (Boston SPZ60's & Alpine PDX-4.150). I plan to hook up an external USB sound card (for eg. something like http://www.mixvibes.com/new/pageeng/page.php?x=mvu46mk2). I plan to fit the sound card near the amp. (since USB can run a good distance with no loss) and then run short RCA leads to the amp. I'm hoping this will minimise noise.

There are quite a few Aux In adapters that will work with the Euro, check out this thread -> http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81810. I think most of those have iPod interfaces also.

[*]Will you integrate volume etc. controls on steering wheel with G4? I know it comes with a remote, but would be neat if you could still use steering controls to at least adjust volume.
    I choose the Car2PC adapter since it gives me access to the commands on the steering wheel at a software level. However, the G4 does have a remote wire designed to interface with resistive-ladder type steering wheel controls (which the Euro has), so i'll probably just end up using that and have no need for the Car2PC.

[*]You running separate monitor(s) for DVD, GPS, engine management etc.?
    At this stage, i'll just be using the G4's screen. The G4 does have composite video out though, so a 2nd screen could be an option later on.

Was planning a custom jobbie in '08 using the compact VIA motherboards (yup, I have geeky roots!) but this product seems to be a comparatively neater solution for a few extra $$$. Feel free to PM if not relevant here...

Anyhoo, hope the install goes well.
    It took me a while to finally decide on the G4. One part of me wanted to build the whole CarPC from scratch, but with the G4, there's nothing that beats its factory finish look and form factor.

If I can get all the bits in time, i've earmarked the Australia Day long weekend for the big install!

Will keep you guys posted on how it all goes!

S.