Harness Question??

Hey guys,

What kind of harness do I need to compete in CAMS state level events? I have been told that I can use an ADR approved harness for state CAMS hillclimbs and sprint event, is this true? I have heard that the ADR approved harnesses do not expire every 2 years or so. Is this correct?

Cheers,

Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    what's a mugen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    ill wash urs u wash mine?

Regs are here:
    http://www.camsmanual.com.au/pdf/gen...20I%20Q407.pdf

If you participate in actual circuit racing, you will need approved and dated harnesses.

For speed events like Hill Climbs, Motorkhana's, Supersprints, it really depends on the scrutineer. I've got away with using Non ADR, Non Dated Harnesses.
    Well, because the car is road registered, technically, all you require is the standard seatbelt.

However, at a minimum, try and get an ADR'ed harness.

Quote Originally Posted by 95civic View Post
    Hey guys,

What kind of harness do I need to compete in CAMS state level events? I have been told that I can use an ADR approved harness for state CAMS hillclimbs and sprint event, is this true? I have heard that the ADR approved harnesses do not expire every 2 years or so. Is this correct?

Cheers,

Campbell
    MFactory Competition Products

So can you get away using a expired CAMS reg harness for hilclimbs? Are they ADR approved?
    what's a mugen?

Quote Originally Posted by 95civic View Post
    So can you get away using a expired CAMS reg harness for hilclimbs? Are they ADR approved?
    You should be fine...
    MFactory Competition Products

Cheers
    what's a mugen?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Just make sure you mount it correctly as I have heard about poorly mounted harnesses (ie wrong angle) whrere people have broken spines.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01