Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

dc5 strange noise when its wet

Hey all. I am having this strange issue with my DC5R when its only wet. When i hit a puddle or its really pouring and water gets up into the engine bay there is sometimes this strange vibration and rattling noise coming from the gearbox? Has anyone else experienced this? Really bizzarre! Also when i accelerate there is a light knocking sound from the gearbox too!. I just had the driveline and wheel bearings replaced so its not a driveshaft issue. RevZone told me that it could be a gearbox mount? Any help would be great in diagnosing this problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    I know this sounds silly, but are you applying the brakes at the same time? The DC5R has uber sensitive ABS. Just unweighting one wheel makes the ABS engage and giving a clicking/vibrating feel to the pedal and entire car. It happens on my car all the time.

HA YES SOMEONE ELSE WITH THIS PROBLEM

ok ive had it for a year and we havent found the problem or a solution yet

things ive tried

removing cold air intake - FAILED
    sealing crank angle sensor - FAILED
    bent my exhaust heat shield away - FAILED
    checked all mounts - FAILED
    checked all electrics - FAILED
    sealed up ecu - FAILED
    taped up everything so water cant get into the engine bay - FAILED

been to toda, powerplay imports, pro concept, local mechanic, honda brookvale, honda eastwood and we havent found a solution yet

when i get it the auto gearbox shakes violently at idle and i loose power

i spoke to honda australia and we have identified problem cars in america through clubrsx and other forums, but without another australian car that has the problem they reckon its something i did to it

Damn, thats not good if u havent found a solution yet. Do you think that it is damaging the car in any way? It just sounds so bad when it happens. I dont think i want to drive my car in the wet ever again. Yeah it happens when heaps of water gets in, i loose power and it vibrates on idle and when cruising, just for a bit, then goes away until more water gets in. Do you know what clubrsx have said about this issue?
    Thanks guys for the quick relpes too!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5r
    happens to mine too. i can feel some vibration on rear right wheel, maybe its the abs i dunno happens all the time in wet.

Also to my EU Civic - very strange noise around the gearbox...

wen i loose the power it feels like sum1 is pulling you back, the more gas u give it the quicker it goes away but im reluctant to do so incase i blow something up

i still think its the crank angle sensor because when we sealed it up at first it didnt do it but over time it has happened again
    by sealing i mean removing it and putting silicon around it, but possibly the wires, over summer im gonna buy a new unit and see how it goes

i dont drive my car in the heavy rain anymore and i avoid puddles completly
    there is a massive post on clubrsx - search "rain problem" it has hundreds of posts and alot of ppl pointing me in strange directions but nothing has been proven yet in my mind

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i thought u fixed ur problem bro

we thought we did with the crank angle sensor
    then one night a few weeks ago in the huge storms it happened again and i had to limp it home from manly :S

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    that sucks man... w gotta get a photoshoot hapenning after i detail my car

well my car needs serviced at 100,000km so i will get my mechanic to look into it then. Thanks for all your help man.

bump any1 else suggest anything?
    can a mod please merge 2 threads?
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65345
    and this one