Civic Sports Tinting = CRAP!

Heya, just realise how crap tinting from Honda is... I went to Crystal car wash on Sat morning (after a month without washing - bloody weather), then one of the guy who works there (my mate) tell me that some of the tinting (on front passenger side and back right pasanger side) are torn/ripped!!!

Its not that BIG to be noticed by a glance look. but it still "viewable"...

Take back to Honda dealer (roseberry) since the tinting is a lifetime warranty, he told me to bring it back on weekday ("just turn up" he said), then this morngin I bring it there, make a complaints... they told me to make a booking first (which they said the soonest is after NY )

Bleh!!! not happy!!!

The funny thing is, I was talking with my fiance the other day that I might want to change the tinting (since this one is useless on a very hot n sunny day) to something a bit darker. So do you guys think I should claim it from Honda 1st or just ignore them and "upgrade" it straight away?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

if u are from melb, go with tint professor = ftw. I went with them for half the price of dealer. And the darkest honda can go is pathetic. I went darker with mine and its the mint

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    dealers outsource the tinting to other companies, and naturally some dealers use the cheapest tinters they can find to make money. Return it and get them to use a better brand/company such as SolarTint.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    request for a re tint... tints can not be re-conditioned back to normal anyway...
    Yes i agree with tint professor...
    that is why we didn't get the factory tint and went to tint professor instead... nice dark and legal tint... love it!
    but yeah.. bookings @ dealers are bery full... as it is getting to christmas..
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    My parents pick up an FD Civic Sport from Hornsby on Saturday. I got Solartint to tint the car as a Christmas present for them. Wouldn't use anyone but them.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Heya, just realise how crap tinting from Honda is... I went to Crystal car wash on Sat morning (after a month without washing - bloody weather), then one of the guy who works there (my mate) tell me that some of the tinting (on front passenger side and back right pasanger side) are torn/ripped!!!

Its not that BIG to be noticed by a glance look. but it still "viewable"...

Take back to Honda dealer (roseberry) since the tinting is a lifetime warranty, he told me to bring it back on weekday ("just turn up" he said), then this morngin I bring it there, make a complaints... they told me to make a booking first (which they said the soonest is after NY )

Bleh!!! not happy!!!

The funny thing is, I was talking with my fiance the other day that I might want to change the tinting (since this one is useless on a very hot n sunny day) to something a bit darker. So do you guys think I should claim it from Honda 1st or just ignore them and "upgrade" it straight away?
    i got mine 3M wind tint from dealer, same life time warranty too.
    so if me, i will bring back to dealer. i will nail them, chasing them or whatever.
    but if u want to changed to darker ones, i don;t think they'll change the whole car window for u.
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Quote Originally Posted by dmx View Post
    i got mine 3M wind tint from dealer, same life time warranty too.
    so if me, i will bring back to dealer. i will nail them, chasing them or whatever.
    but if u want to changed to darker ones, i don;t think they'll change the whole car window for u.
    Yeah, maybe I just go back to the dealer get it re-tint and then change it with a better one

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    My parents pick up an FD Civic Sport from Hornsby on Saturday. I got Solartint to tint the car as a Christmas present for them. Wouldn't use anyone but them.
    My civic sport (bought from hornsby honda) had tint thrown in free with the car, and the tint i got was Solartint Autolux Plus CH35 (or so it says on the Solartint guarantee document - lifetime warranty woo!)

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    Good stuff. Nice present

I personally don't really like going to hornsby anymore. The service dept is lousy compared to say Scott's (just as a warning).

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    dealers outsource the tinting to other companies, and naturally some dealers use the cheapest tinters they can find to make money. Return it and get them to use a better brand/company such as SolarTint.
    yes they do outsource tinting. usually its not a matter of costs but ease of location. anyway most tint these days have a lifetime warranty. take it back until you are happy with it (i seriously doubt they will reapply with another tint company or give a refund)
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

My tinting from Honda is crap too!!! Need to re-tint it soon!

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    dont blame honda for tinting as honda doesnt do the tinting, the dealer does. You have a tint warranty, go back to the dealer and get it fixed.
    Problem solved!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.