Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic

2006/2007 Civic Unleaded Fuel

Hi guys,

My dealer told me that my 2007 civic runs on regular unleaded fuel but my friend tells me that i should pour premium unleaded. Apparently the efficiency that i will get will balance out the price?

Has anybody tried using premium unleaded for the 2006/2007 Civic?
    What have you noticed and what do you recommend?

I use premium... but for no reason.

Apparently any gains of power or economy you might feel is purely psychological.

I use premium fuel purely because it's my first brand new car and I just want to baby it a bit until I'm used to it.

The car is designed to run on lower octane fuels so just use it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    I use BP ultimate from the beginning of its life. I notice alot more power and the extra KM you get out of it evens up the extra cost. Overall its a bonus for you and the environment

Quote Originally Posted by Frost_FD View Post
    I use BP ultimate from the beginning of its life. I notice alot more power and the extra KM you get out of it evens up the extra cost. Overall its a bonus for you and the environment
    How can you notice the power and economy if you've used it from the beginning of its life when you would have nothing to compare it to?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Well i used to drive my bros DC2 Vtir and when he changes petrol i can notice the difference.

As for my car, i have used vortex 98 and it gives me less punch then BP ulti

^ Why would different brands of the same octane fuel make a difference?

Anyone?

IMO it's purely psychological. I could be wrong.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Civic Vti-L
    I'm using Shell V power, sometimes unleaded, but I can definitely tell the car has more power with Vpower, especially going up the hill(a few hills between work and home) with unleaded, I can't go up with 4th gear, no problem with V power.

And I can also shift and maintain the speed with lower RPM (4th gear from 55 km, 60 km/h @ 18~1900 RPM).

So low RPM = using less fuel?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Trust me there is a difference in using higher octane fuel and it saves more on fuel consumption

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    i always use unleaded, till someday i tried V-power (shell), and also premium unleaded from caltex.
    honestly, only can feel the engine runs smoothly, but for power, don;t feel.
    now switch back to unleaded.
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    Try BP ultimate and let me know, remember it takes 1 full tank to wash the old petrol out =P

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Any difference in power and or ecconomy between standard 91 RON and 95 or 98 RON is negligible. I have used nothing but standard unleaded (91RON) from the local woolworths station (2415.29 Lts) - 35,204km. Hard to beat that sort of ecconomy

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost_FD View Post
    Try BP ultimate and let me know, remember it takes 1 full tank to wash the old petrol out =P
    ok, next time i'll try it.
    anyway, i tried 95 ron and 98 ron already.still feel no diff
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit