Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    when i had the dc2r, 19yr, under dad's name, me as nominated driver, addressed interstate $3000 a year. nsw nrma. that was pretty much my only option at the time. so dont go nrma unless you have to, but if you cant get insurance with anyone else NRMA is your friend

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    20, $1450 for a DC5R

under my olman name's though and im occasional driver...

I am also looking for new insurance next year... one which actually lets me mod my car performance wise... stupid CGU...

Hopefully being 21 will give me more options
    Last edited by TeMp; 20-08-2004 at 08:55 PM.

2245... with just car its enough to make some one sick... the amount of money that we have to pay.... 98 vtir.... but at least every thing is covered and when it goes turbo they said they will cover it...which is ok i guess

Member Array
    Car:
    slow taxi
    You guys are lucky that you have your dad and insurance history to help you with your premiums. (assuming you've had insurance since u started driving)

Heres me. I've only had insurance history with AAMI for 1 yr, that's with a 99 Civic Sedan. I didn't go for comprehensive (i thought it was too expensive), so I went with 3rd party. Clean history etc etc. I'm 23 btw. Got an ITR DC2. AAMi wouldn't cover me, 23+ITR=No cover. If i thought my Civic was expensive.. boy was I wrong. The cheapest i got was from Just Car Insurance $3770. NRMA, GIO were higher.

opps.. I'm in NSW. I wonder what I could have gotten for the extra $$$ from TODA? mmmmmm.....

looking at the prices, its funny, really, considering that theres the same or more power in the average v6 falcon compared to a teg. non-type r of course.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    My Rundown Of Insurance History in Victoria

All Full Comprehensive

TH Magna Sports (19 year old) - 2200
    TJ Magna Sports (20 year old) - 1300, (22 Year old) - 1400 (Premium went up for no reason)
    R33 GTST (19/20 Year old) - 7000
    S13 Silvia K (22 Years) - 3200

Euro (23 Year old) - 1200(AAMI which I am with now), Just Cars quote - 800 all mods covered, Rating one protection..

All insurance under my own name...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    My Rundown Of Insurance History in Victoria

All Full Comprehensive

TH Magna Sports (19 year old) - 2200
    TJ Magna Sports (20 year old) - 1300, (22 Year old) - 1400 (Premium went up for no reason)
    R33 GTST (19/20 Year old) - 7000
    S13 Silvia K (22 Years) - 3200

Euro (23 Year old) - 1200(AAMI which I am with now), Just Cars quote - 800 all mods covered, Rating one protection..

All insurance under my own name...
    the skyline is crazy 7000.
    so you had it for almost 2 years right, if so that means you paid 14000 for the line in insurance.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by Willxia
    the skyline is crazy 7000.
    so you had it for almost 2 years right, if so that means you paid 14000 for the line in insurance.
    I had it for just under 2 years, the second year was just third party because I used it as a weekend car after I got the TJ as a daily driver...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

DC5R - QLD.
    23/male - average driving history .
    Exhaust, Coilovers, Intake, Rims
    NRMA - $1150

Member Array
    Car:

re

i pay $7xx for 96 EK 4 door VTI and i m on P's

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1
    well the price u are saying is good, i was quoated over $6000 on my teg it's a vtir with racv, which is like massive, but i went to young and cool insurance and got it for $2000

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1
    well u think that is good????, well AAmi wouldn't insure me they said inetgras VTiR or Type R's are reknown for raacing so they don't insure anyone under 25 with those cars not even under their old man's name