Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    95' Lude Vti-R

INSURANCE ! wats urz like ?

hi guyz ...

im gona b gettin a 94teg vtir .. and ive rung a few insurance places .. and out of em all HBA GIO CGU gave me d best quotes...COMPREHENSIVE cover..

dey were around 850 premium + 450 standard excess + 400 excess for me ... puttin it under my olmans name (rating1) and then me as occacional driver (less dan 10% or somethn) ... im 19 atm so ye ...

i got quoted 2000 by RACV to put it under my olman n den me..
    justcars gave me like 2800 or somethin...

im wondering what insurance u guyz are paying ?
    and wat do you guys fink of the quote i got ..

cheers fellows .. appreciate ur advice

Member Array
    im 20 on my p's in melb and its costing me $2300 approx, thats with a few mods.RACV ****in expencive but thats the best i could find under my name with a vtir full comp, excess is $850.......can any one reccomend a better company???

Member Array
    $2200 with RACV....In my name and im 22 with a fairly clean driving history

23 Years old
    on my Green P's

$1800 bucks cars under my dads NRMA :P

22yrs old rating 1 for nearly 2 years RACV $1450

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury
    welcome to the wonderful world of insurance. the cheapest would probably be AAMI with their new higher excess deals....was like $600 in my name plus $2000 excess for a 2004 euro. ended up going with racv cause they allowed me to pay by the month for the first yr. $1200 with them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Vti-R
    Could you specify what state you guys are in also? I think there should be a difference between NSW, tassie, WA, etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    was a DC4...
    damn, insurance seems hefty over there!

i'm 19, mines about $900 (comprehensive) with me as a listed driver and having a bad driving history (wrote off an EG vti last year)
    but my excess is pretty much fukd. any accidents or speeding fines, and i can kiss my insurance goodbye

I'm 25 and in NSW , AAMI was def teh cheapest . $1096 for my 94 Vtir recently had a kit fitted and lowered which bumped the price up by $11 dollars but no charge cz its under $20 bucks . Mods is the biggest thing my bro has a 92 civic auto but its riced out for looks . He pays 2500 . He asked why so expensive cz its not really a perfomance car and the told him because it looks good it attracts theives therefore he pays for it in insurance .

I remember a book comming out once with all the best "I'm claiming insurance because...... "stories . Maybe its time for enthusiasts to write a book on best bullshit insurance company quotes & reasons .

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    im 21 with clean dricing history, dont have a teg but the cheapest insurance i could find was Just Car Insurance. 2900k for my 97 crx, while racv quoted me 7k -_-

rac - insured 95 vtir for 23,500 - comprehensive - $900 (and going down) im 24

Moderator Array
    Car:
    The non Honda
    ill be insuring mine under my name for 2450 racv rating 4 dc5r im 20