Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    happy car

6.5inch in accord

i got me sum 6.5inch speakers for my 94 accord, just wondering how i should put them in because they dont actually fit in the original holes (speakers too big) what should i do ...spacers??? what type? will i need to do some customising...?

anyone else done what i have done??? accord or any other car with same situation?--
    i am not gonna pay someone to do it... im not that rich ahahaah... plus i know if i pay someone to do it it will cost at least $200+

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    yeah, they do fit if you use spacers. I have them in my Accord. Dont know what type or what thickness spacers are used though, but I would say you could pick them up from any audio store and fit them yourself. Im sure they would know what you need.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by dundas
    i got me sum 6.5inch speakers for my 94 accord, just wondering how i should put them in because they dont actually fit in the original holes (speakers too big) what should i do ...spacers??? what type? will i need to do some customising...?

anyone else done what i have done??? accord or any other car with same situation?--
    i am not gonna pay someone to do it... im not that rich ahahaah... plus i know if i pay someone to do it it will cost at least $200+
    just make a spacer using 18mm MDF
    should be ok

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    ok doke... ill go buy sum mdf next week eheheeh then i can finally fit my speakers in ahahaha...
    they charge heaps for mdf spacers (premade ones) bloody like $20 ahahaha
    EKSLUT-how thick is your spacer? plastic of mdf?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    14/16/18 mm is fine. wateva suits ur liking, i reckon.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    mate, i put 6.5" splits in mine and all i did was cut the back of the speaker baffle off so the magnet had room for clearance. That way you dont need to space the speaker out at all. I still have clearance for the window too.

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord
    mate, i put 6.5" splits in mine and all i did was cut the back of the speaker baffle off so the magnet had room for clearance. That way you dont need to space the speaker out at all. I still have clearance for the window too.
    ahah speaker baffle..err im lost buddy... got any pics for me to see?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    if u remove the door trim, and remove the stock speaker, there is a black "basket" behind the speaker. so wat h22a accord meant is to remove that "basket".

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    my magnet part of the speaker kinda hits the window if i were to do that... err ill figure something out when i have sum time for audio system.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Accord
    What i've done is removed the speaker baffle completely and put an mdf spacer straight into the door holes and then screwed the speaker into that. I think it is 18mm mdf and the speakers are boston rally's which are really deep. You will want to mae sure that the door fits over the spacers once you have finished, it only just gets over mine so don't use anything above 18mm.

If you want pics i'll get them in a few days.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    ive got the slimline polyglass focals and i need spacers aswell, just take your time with it so you dont have to take the door cards on and off to get it right

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    mate, do a dodgy like me..

take off ur trim, take of original speakers and basket,
    drill a couple holes into ur door frame, screw it in tight
    all sweet! ill send if anyone is interested
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL