Member Array
    Car:
    Camry

Idle problem, electricals a factor?

After having my car in the workshop for a week, new headlights were wired up.
    I was told it had to be wired up as it was not a plug and play situation.

So I get my car back and my idle seems to drop down to 100rpm when I stop at a traffic light. I'm hoping the guys at the workshop has not played around with my engine or any other parts of my car other than the specified job they were assigned to.

So now I'm wondering could the electrical be ONE factor the abnormal idling?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    head light electricity shouln't... reset you ecu and see how you go.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Try checking to see if they put the earths back properly, run a few more it might help.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    100 rpm ? or 1000 ?

100 rpm is a little bit of a struggle for the engine isnt it..

i mean a starter motor revs the engine at 500 :/

unless the gauge is reading wrong.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    if they did play with engine, a wire is not connect or possibly a sensor is not plugged in in the bay.

run ecu check for codes

jst wondering.. what was their assigned job?
    mugen無限power

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    Dirty contacts, bad solder job or crappy grounding. Limbo's suggestion seems like a good idea at this time since it's probably the easiest and quickest fix for the time being. If that doesn't help, check the solder points and contacts of the grounds.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    if it just happened after they worked on the car electricals seems to be the place to start looking.but...could just be a coincedence that your idle control module on the side of your throttle body has started playing up,when it starts to malfunction it causes your idle to be low/high or fluctuate,my eg is currently doing this,at lights the idle will go between 1000 and 300ish,cleaned the module out with carby cleaner and its a bit better,but i think i need to replace it.the module is on the firewall side of the throttle body,has a wiring connecter going to it and a coolant line going to it so it can adjust the idle for when the engine is cold....clean it out and see if anything changes,cant hurt.think theres something bout it in diy section
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Aurion v6
    does the car stall as it drops??
    D.T

Member Array
    Smack the kick panel under your steering (specifically, give the main relay a little thump).