Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Type S Wing

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S

Type S Wing

My Type S came with the factory lip spoiler and I'm interested to know how much it would cost to replace it with the factory wing. I assume Honda would do this?

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    are you wanting the TypeR wing?
    last time I checked it was around $1200 from honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    does that include installation? pretty expensive. i'm trying to decide which I like more.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    it's a genuine honda part, that's why it's that expensive
    it includes installation, but just a word of advice, to take off your TypeS rear spoiler you will expose 5 holes on your bonnet which the new TypeR high wing spoiler won't cover up.

dude just buy a type r wing off ebay from the US.. it will cost u a quarter of the price.. also, if ur gona put on a type R wing why not keep the type S lip on at the same time? so u can avoid the boot holes, and plus it looks good trust me.. ppl in the states do it all the time.. i can send u a pic of one like that if u wana see..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    dc4t can you link me to that images with type-r wing?

I also interested, and just wondering how much hassle to install one?
    Proud Owner of 2003 BB Honda S2000
    The Best Thing After 9/11

easy man.. get it done professionally though! since u'll have to drill 2 holes on each side where the wing is mounted.. here's a pic though. looks hawt!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by dc4t View Post
    easy man.. get it done professionally though! since u'll have to drill 2 holes on each side where the wing is mounted.. here's a pic though. looks hawt!
    Whoa that looks damn hotter than I thought... and that is just an image!!

Should I order one from ebay or from this store....http://www.spoilershop.com.au/store/...&productId=144

I dunno though if they can actually paint the spoiler to match car's colour...

fitted and painted? how they gona fit it if its an online store?.. unless they come to u or something :S.. well i'm guessing they're supplying replica's of the original type r wing n for a replica thats a pretty crazy price.. i think check out ebay, u can get abs plastic ones (which is better than fibreglass) or carbon ones for half that price delivered! then say u get an unpainted one sent over just take it to a good local body shop, take ur paint code to them and let them do the rest. well thats wat im planning to do anyway. hope i helped mangg

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by dc4t View Post
    fitted and painted? how they gona fit it if its an online store?.. unless they come to u or something :S.. well i'm guessing they're supplying replica's of the original type r wing n for a replica thats a pretty crazy price.. i think check out ebay, u can get abs plastic ones (which is better than fibreglass) or carbon ones for half that price delivered! then say u get an unpainted one sent over just take it to a good local body shop, take ur paint code to them and let them do the rest. well thats wat im planning to do anyway. hope i helped mangg
    That's really helpful dc4t cheers for that! I'll see if I can grab one from ebay

Btw, do anyone happen to know the height of the wing itself? I think I have a problem as my garage's ceiling might be too low when boot is opened...

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera_TypeS View Post
    That's really helpful dc4t cheers for that! I'll see if I can grab one from ebay

Btw, do anyone happen to know the height of the wing itself? I think I have a problem as my garage's ceiling might be too low when boot is opened...
    all good man!.. the height? well my guess is around 30cm high just from glancing at them in person, not 100% sure of course.

here's the ebay link too.. i've been lookin at them too http://search.ebay.com/search/search...fsoo%3D1&fgtp=

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Out of curiosity,I just rang up Honda dealer for quote on that wing and it's $1500 for the spoiler alone!! Add $150 for fitting and not including painting!!

I'll stick with ebay....